Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Temple Square

We braved Sardine canyon in one of the first and one of the worst snow storms to hit this year! We were heading to Salt Lake to help Julie and Richie by babysitting Ruby so that they could attend Richie's brother's wedding. To celebrate Eli's birthday. To visit beautiful temple square all lit up for Christmas, and to send Julie and her little family off... back to New York!! We crammed it all in and had one fun weekend! We stayed at The Kimball which is just East of the conference center and only a hop skip and a jump :) from the temple...really the perfect place to stay in downtown! a big thank you to my in-laws for letting us use your time share there... It was so great... couldn't have been more nice and convenient!
Here's a little bit about our visit to temple square to see the lights...

all bundled up...
it was SO cold but the fresh snow made it feel so magical!
I love how every branch on every tree is covered in millions of lights at temple square it is seriously breath taking! I especially love the
"pink trees" They remind me of blossoms in spring time!
Evan and Eli trying to look warm... on our way to buy some hot chocolate in the Joseph Smith memorial building

Gabe loved the lights and kept pointing his little finger and saying "wow" For some reason... I think because of all the nativities around... he is really into camels. When I talk about the horses next door he says "no mom, camels" and pictures in books of horses he now insists are camels?? anyway needless to say he loved seeing the nativity too and you guessed it,
especially the camels!
We rode the elevators to the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial building and the view from up there was incredible! There really is no other light display as beautiful as the one at temple square! Being on such sacred grounds near the temple with Christmas music playing and newly fallen snow... it was the perfect atmosphere and made for a perfect night spending time together, thinking about Christmas!!

1 comment:

byebyedays said...

There really isn't a better light show, and the location IS the reason. I LOVE Temple Square during Christmas time. We didn't make it down this year, so thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures... SO FUN! Don't you HATE seeing Julie go back to New York! I HATE to see our Juddly go every time we take him back to the airport. We keep BEGGING him to move back home, but he makes to much money in Washington...:( I'm just a family girl, I feel like we all have to live CLOSE.