Saturday, January 3, 2009

Here She Is...

Elsa Ruth

poor lighting, bad photographer, not the newest camera.... but even with all that... it's easy to see what a doll this baby girl is!! Elsa (we all like to call her Elsie) was born on December 31st to my brother and his beautiful wife! She joins their family and is blessed with three big brothers who adore her!! We were out of town for the new year celebration when she was born and I could hardly wait to come home so that I could meet her and hold her and just love her! She is so perfect... soft warm little body, hair like feathers, wrinkly toes and fingers... absolutely beautiful!!




I had to smile when I unwrapped her and there on her wrist was the tiniest little bracelet!... after three little boys, her mama is loving having a GIRL to dress up!! She already has more shoes than a celebrity... and Look at ALL that hair!!


I had her all to myself for a bit and even got to change her into her pajamas...it's easy to forget just how little newborns are. Her diapers were mini!! They are only this little for such a short time. I love how they curl into a little ball, how they look around with wide eyes and are just so dependent... her skin was like velvet... what a precious baby girl!!

She didn't like the flash on my camera very much...


Here she is with my mom...



what a perfect little bundle! I wanted to bring her home with me!! She makes me so excited to meet my little guy....being so fresh from heaven, I'm sure if she could talk, she'd tell me all about him!!
We love you little Elsa and are so glad that your finally here!!

6 comments:

Katie Jane said...

She is gorgeous!! I want to snuggle her too!

Anonymous said...

What a little dolly! I cannot wait to meet her and give her loves! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Toni said...

I love her! She is so sweet and that hair!!!!! Thanks for posting pics, otherwise I would not have known.

Grandpa Kim said...

I think she is beautiful, tiny, and a welcome addition to the girl's side of the family.

Barbi Mecham said...

I love newborn babies! What a miracle. It is always fun to have a new baby in the family.

Jason, Sara, Claire, Grant and Miles said...

I can't wait to meet my sweet little neice! Thanks for posting such beautiful photos of her - Even though we're not there to see her, it's fun to be able to catch a glimpse of what she's like through your blog! Thanks Em!