A couple days ago it was my birthday! I love having my birthday on April 8th
and here are a few reasons why;
*it's during my favorite season, Spring!*It falls on Easter sometimes, LDS conference weekend sometimes, and spring break sometimes.
*I have tons of Easter/spring decorations for my home thanks to gifts throughout the years.
* bunny cakes, strawberry shortcake, gummy bunnies... yummy Easter treats are out!
Springtime and a birthday combined just feels like a new start... time to pull out the flip flops and get a pedi, the sun peeks out, flowers are starting to bloom, grass is green... life is new again and I am one year older and starting a new chapter it seems, at just the right time!
I had a wonderful day and lots of people helped to make me feel very special. It was a little surprising to me... I don't have much of a social life right now (remember... long winter, pregnant, new girl in town... etc) and I'm old, don't people forget you as you get older?? :) but I was so overwhelmed with what wonderful friends and family I have! I realized that I don't always remember my friends or family members birthdays very well and need to do better because it sure means a lot when people drop a line to wish you a happy day. My grandma and grandpa Murray call every year to sing a birthday tune, with grandma usually adding a few cute made up verses near the end. I love them so much and my birthday would not be the same without their call... I love it! This year they called at 6:55 AM :) and I was still in bed! After I woke up, I smiled as I listened to their song and message of love on my answering machine... The perfect way to start out the day!
I also had this banner colored by my three boys to look at all day :)
I received cards in the mail, got text messages throughout the day with well wishes, phone calls, a new purse, scarf and my favorite treats from my mom and sisters, and even a bouquet of beautiful pink tulips left on my doorstep. (thanks Monica!)
I also had this banner colored by my three boys to look at all day :)
As soon as the boys got home from school we left and headed for aunt Sarah's house in North Salt Lake. She was so thoughtful and offered to watch the boys for us! They had so much fun, of course! Even bashful Gabriel couldn't resist her, he is still talking about her park and kitties. Thanks Sarah! We LOVED Wicked, it is one of those must see productions... so funny, great message, amazing talent... it was FUN and a perfect, romantic night out... just the two of us!We got home REALLY late that night and the next morning as I slowly slid out of bed (it's the only way with this big tummy of mine) I was shocked that my clock said 9:50!!! WHAT? I heard some rustling downstairs and couldn't believe that I'd slept through the morning... Evan had gotten up early and when he heard Gabe stirring, he got him out of bed and fed him breakfast. (he is a mini Glen) Eli was up too and they had all just been playing and waiting for me... and this is what I saw when I rounded the corner
Evan's birthday present to me... a pedicure! :)
He has heard me talking about my swollen sausage toes with flaking polish that I can't reach to paint myself... So observant...isn't he sweet! Before Glen left for work Evan asked him all about giving pedicures and which foot potions is for what etc... So Evan had it all set out and was SO excited about it! He seriously did such a great job my feet are very refreshed! Eli' s part of the present was to babysit Gabe and bring me a diet coke... hee hee...I love my boys!
Oh and Evan also gave me this....
I am such a lucky girl!!
I've always wanted to stop the hands of time when it comes to my children, they just grow and change too fast. but especially with this year.... this particular number... which is getting closer and closer to FORTY... :)
8 more years...
shhhhh!
I am wishing to stop the clock altogether. Somehow, I don't think this particular birthday wish is going to come true though! Oh well, I know that I am blessed and I am trying to enjoy the NOW! there are good things about getting old, aren't there?? :)
I had a wonderful birthday... Thank you to everyone for making me feel so special!
here's to another year!!





6 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm so glad you got to see Wicked!! We loved it.
Happy Birthday!!!
So glad you had such a wonderful birthday. You have a houseful of wonderful boys! Happy day to you!
SERIOUSLY!!! First of all, I am wicked jealous that you got to see "Wicked." Second, Your little men are amazing, I did an audible "awe" when I saw the pedicure pic and then again when I read that it was Evan who wanted to give it to you and then again when he gave you his 6 color pen! You are so lucky! Your little boys rock. Happy B-day :)
Emily! Happy birthday! We went to Wicked this year for my birthday as well. It was awesome, wasn't it? We were there on Saturday (April 11th) for the matinee showing. Which one did you see?
WICKED!! I am soooo jelous. How in the Sam Hill did Glen get tickets for you guys?? I tried for over 2 hours and never could get them. Yep, you have such a great hubby and the cutest boys EVER! :) Happy belated Birthday... I didn't even know that you and my husband have the SAME b-day!
Happy Happy Birthday! I am so glad you got the SIX COLOR PEN all to yourself :) Evan is such a nice boy. Please tell him Hello from Sister Young :) Love You!
Post a Comment