Glen likes to make up "code words" with the boys. When they were younger He used them all the time to remind them about our rules or expectations. For instance when the boys were fighting or mad he would say "snakies" and this was their reminder to chill out. The weird thing is, it worked! I grabbed their arm or raised my voice to try to get their attention which of course didn't work most of the time. But "snakies???" For some reason they loved it and IT WORKED! Evan would say "oh yea, snakies Eli, remember?...." and they'd agree to stop fighting with each other... It was crazy! Now they are bigger and nothing really works to keep them from bugging each other :) But one of those "code words" has stuck. It is R.T.S.Y.O.P. (rit-zip, is how we say it) it stands for Remember To Say Your Own Prayers. Each night when we tuck the boys into bed we remind them to get on their knees and rit-zip... and they do!
We do the whole "bedtime routine"together ....jammies on, brush teeth, family prayer, family cheer, sweets and sours, family hug, read books.... but when it's time for lights out we split up and one night I'd tuck the big boys while Glen rocked Gabe etc... the next night we'd switch. Well lately, Glen has been tucking in ALL the boys EVERY night. He insists that I put my feet up, relax, take a bath or read a magazine. He gets the big boys all set up with books, takes Gabe to bed and then returns to Evan and Eli to tuck them in. I am not lying, I know he sounds too good to be true, but it is true! He is so thoughtful!
Well since Glen has been putting Gabe to bed a lot he has added something to his lights out routine that I never did with him. And it's rit-zip... of course, that's just how Glen is, he is always teaching his boys! So the other night Glen was telling me how cute Gabe is when he says his own prayers. I was surprised, not about the cute, of course, but that Gabe could say his own prayers. I decided that I had to see this for myself and it was so sweet! I captured it on video...Here is my amazing husband with our precious baby saying his prayers...
(don't forget to pause my music player so you can hear him)
(don't forget to pause my music player so you can hear him)





7 comments:
So sweet!
Are you kidding me?! That is SO sweet! I loved it, I played it twice! What a little Angel! Your family is seriously amazing! YOU are amazing! The baby is Oliver??! SO CUTE! You are ALMOST THERE! I wish I could see you pregnant, I bet you are adorable, like always :) Love ya!
Soooo cute--I fell in love with that boy last week. It was so fun to see you guys. He melts my heart, what I perfect little angel and the most precious prayer! Thanks again for everything, we had a blast!
Oh--that is just TOO cute! That little high-pitched "Am-en" at the end just melts me! Oh my goodness--I can't even say how much I hope my little boy is that cute when he gets here.
ok... that was WAY too cute for words!! He has the sweetest little voice!!!
Hope to see u soon!!
Oh, and by the way...Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!:)
Lucky girl getting to put up your feet. That is one sweet husband : )
Okay and that is the CUTEST thing ever!!! I just love kids when they say their prayers. They say it in the cutest way. Simpy Priceless.
Post a Comment