Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter hunting

A few months ago we made arrangements to stay down in Salt Lake for some of the boys time off for Spring Break. We planned on doing some last minute "baby shopping" and a little sight seeing too. After driving down for Wicked during the week my pregnant body was tired of traveling. Glen had a big work load and was busy so we decided at the last minute, Friday evening that it just wasn't worth the trouble of going for just one night. Plus with the Easter weekend... it just felt crazy... so we stayed home!! My cute friend Sunny happened to be in town! She stopped by to leave us a little something, (anything Sunny does is never little... she is so thoughful!) She was thinking we were out of town... BUT, we were home! lots of rambling, I know... so anyway to make a long story short... She made my whole week, oh how I miss her! It was so great to see her with her prego tummy and her two lilttle girls! She was on her way back to Lehi but we talked her into joining us for the Lee's marketplace Easter-egg hunt! My boys LOVE her little girls and for awhile it felt like the good old times... hanging out with the Schrievers!! I wish it could have lasted all day... We were all sad to see them leave!

Lee's marketplace is very generous and we've been going there for this event for a few years. It's quick, and easy. the kids go from the deli, to the bakery, to the meat dept... etc and at each place they hand out Easter treats. The Easter bunny is there and at the end, with full baskets...they get a special egg and inside there is a prize... a twinkie, a bottle of soda, a cake, a pizza... etc
The kids had lots of fun and Gabe was starting to love this Easter basket thing...

We could not believe that the Easter bunny got a hug from shy little Gabriel... not many people are lucky enough for one of those!!
But... the Easter bunny is pretty irresistable.... we've been telling Gabe all about the bunny which had to help a little... anyone who gives lots of treats away is a friend forever!
After saying farewell to Sunny and her girls we headed to my grandma and gradpa's house for our traditional Easter hunt. We had to postpone the picnic/hot-dog roast this year due to incliment weather... but had just enough time for a hunt before the rain came down...

Here are grandkids mixed with great-grandkids, gathered around Grandpa...
who's fire baked potatoes I really missed this year!

Gabe had the whole... candy, eggs and treats go into the basket as quickly as possible thing down! He loved it and only hesitated a few times... wanting to eat the treat... but also seeing more to collect!
Evan and Eli with my cousins Jonah and Nathan... they have so much fun together!
We love getting together with family. Traditions are a big part of who I am and I'm so grateful for grandparents, aunts and uncles who keep planning and providing fun times together. I'm so glad that my kids get to be part of the traditons that I grew up loving!!

2 comments:

Shirlene said...

That is neat you are able to all participate in fun family events!! You have a wonderful family!

Sunny Jo said...

Aww... ur too sweet!! I seriously thought u guys were still in Salt Lake when I stopped by... But I was sure happy that u were home!!:) It is always SO much fun seeing all of u!! My girls absolutely ADORE your boys!! And all the way home they kept saying how much they missed them and missed having u as their neighbor... too cute!!!:)
Wish we could've spent more time with u guys... hopefully we will come up again after u have ur little one so we can see him!!! :)

Thanks again for letting us tag along with you...the girls had such a blast!!!
We LOVE and MISS ya'll SO much!!!