Tuesday, October 20, 2009

a crush?




I mentioned in my previous post that boys are born with a crush on their mama's.

Do you know what I mean?

If you don't have a boy of your own you might not get it, even if you do have a boy of your own maybe he's grown and you've forgotten or maybe your little boy never was like my boys have been. Let me explain.

... I know it might seem like I am full of myself... like a sixth grader who thinks a boy has a crush on her....

but if you saw the way that my Ollie looks at me... you'd know I'm not lying...
it's more than a crush. He is head over hills in love with me.

It's not just his constant eyes on me, that gives it away, oh no. There is the way he kicks his legs in excitement when I enter the room or walk in his direction. The tilt of his chin and wide grin I get every time I so much as glance at him. and when I talk to him he practically sings... with his mouth in the shape of "o" he tells me all kinds of stories. And his eyes... they are so bright and full of expression... the eyes always give it away, right?

He gently rubs my face as he's drifting off to dream land and when he's awake he nuzzles his little head into my neck all day. He holds my face with his two tiny hands and gives wet kisses over and over. My Ollie can't get enough kisses, cuddling and loving.

Oh he's nice to everyone else, but sorry girls... it's obvious, he is in love with ME... and you know what?... I really like him too!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable Em. I can't wait to see him again (and all of you). We are excited for Thanksgiving!

Shirlene said...

He is so cute!!

Colette said...

Oh, but he is SO cute it could make about anyone have a "crush" on him. Your boys are so "pretty" and I mean that in the most masculine way, but they are, there is just something about them! Now go "mug" on that cute little boy for me, he just has it written all over his face!

Glen H said...

I think he really likes his dad too... Although its not hard to see why he would have a crush on his mom.

Jennie said...

i love it!! so sweet!

Becca and Kent said...

Isn't it the greatest?! Nicholas is getting more and more interactive every day, and I can't get enough of him. I'm pretty sure it goes both ways- mom's have a crush on their baby boys, too!