Friday, May 18, 2012

The first month

Simon's first outing was to Adam's Park.  He was 9 days old.  The boys had the day off of school and I was getting a little stir crazy.  I wanted to do something "normal" since up to that point I was not functioning too well because of the headaches I was having! (see previous posts) It was a beautiful day so we decided to get out! I remember looking in the rear view mirror on the way to the park and seeing that almost all the seats behind me were full of boys! Suddenly I panicked and wondered if I was really going to be able to take all five of them out and survive! I wondered How I would chase after Ollie with a baby in my arms? What if one of the kids got hurt and needed me? I may not be bale to help if my hands were full holding the baby?  What if the baby cries the whole time? I was nervous as we got out of the car but Simon slept like an angel the entire time we were there!  Ollie didn't run away, no one got hurt, I had a relaxing time soaking up some sun and the boys loved running and playing!  I felt a great sense of accomplishment as I drove home... I did it! We had survived our first of many outings to come! I decided then that maybe having five kids was not going to be so bad... :)  I have since learned that life with five is not quite as EASY as I originally thought after that first outing...but we are figuring it out a day at a time!


 That first month Simon was a typical newborn and was oh so sleepy- such a handsome little dreamer!  I think I took a million pictures of him just sleeping, looking like a little angel!



 Simon's first BIG outing was a trip to Ogden for his first (of many) soccer games!  Simon was about 2 1/2 weeks old.  He and I both needed a change of scenery so we all decided to go and watch Eli play!  Me and Simon cheered for him from the car! 



 I love this picture... Simon looks so tiny laying on grandpa's chest


St. Patrick's Day... the boys painted treasure boxes for the leprechauns to fill...



The Leprechaun's saw the treasuse boxes in the moonlight and filled them full of goodies!  they left a leprechaun's favorite cereal for breakfast, made a trail of gold and played some tricks along the way too!




and everyone wore green... so no pinching around here! (ya, right!)


Simon loved his first bath given by his daddy in the kitchen sink!  He was two weeks old and so tiny!  He has since graduated to the bathtub!




When Simon was 3 weeks old I decided I better try to pretend I was photographer and set up a photo shoot.  I wish I would have done it sooner because  by three weeks he was already bigger and more alert... harder to move and pose, but I got a few good ones considering!... minus the shadows and  bad lighting and blurriness- I have a crappy camera and do not have photographer skills! but you get the idea... he is super cute!











It was our 15 year anniversary on March 28th!   Glen took me and Simon out to dinner at Chili's.  I actually got dressed and fixed my hair for our night out!  We had a great time... just the 3 of us! We took some pictures when we got home to document the occasion but I had already changed into my pajamas because I could not stand another minute in my TIGHT fat size jeans (sigh)





At the end of the month we drove down to Glen's sister Carrie's house in Layton.  His other sister Holly and her kids were in town visiting from Montana and his sister Sarah, his parents and his brother and family were all there too!  We wanted to see all of them and let them meet little Simon!  We ate dinner and had fun catching up and hanging out for the evening.  I wish I would have taken more pictures!  This is the only one that I got... good thing it's a cute one!- Simon with his grandma and grandpa Huber!


Well, that pretty much covers our first month of events since adding our sweet Simon to the bunch! I have about a million more pictures and I want to write all about the boys and their love for Simon, hopefully I will get to that soon!




2 comments:

Shirlene said...

You do such a great job with your blog. I love it. You are brave with all your little boys! You are such a great mom and such a cute family. You are going to have awesome times ahead. Thanks for sharing your sweet spirit! Love you all!!

Anonymous said...

There usually are numerous kitchen's faucets to pick from. You should get a new wall support faucet, a new center established, a pullout apply style, bar sink tap or another types associated with kitchen touch.