Darling Ruby Jane knew just what to do! Her little sister Frances on the other hand was a bit rambunctious and really wanted to squish and squeeze the baby... A LOT!! We didn't get a picture of her because we were all running to pull her off of him! :) I love Julie's little girls like my own and it was so fun that they were able to be here and welcome Simon to the bunch!
I couldn't ask for a more responsible, tender loving kid as the oldest of all these boys! Evan is such a great help to me. He is a good example and fun loving with his little brothers! Throughout my pregnancy he took care of me and saw the little things that were hard for me (bending over to pick stuff up!) and then made a point to take on whatever he could, to make my life easier... Evan often asked "is he kicking a lot today mom?" When he would put his hand on my tummy I loved how the corners of his mouth would shyly smile as he felt Simon kick inside my belly. He was so excited to finally meet his newest baby brother and Evan looked so big as he held Simon in his arms for the first time...
This is just the start of the love affair that Eli and Oliver have for this baby!
They were both so excited about him! Oliver kept saying "he comed out!" and his kissing is STILL constant!
Eli has probably shown the most excitement about adding another baby to our family! He is at such a fun, energetic age and he was very curious about my pregnancy. He often asked about the development of the baby "how big is he today?" or "what parts are growing this week?" several times Eli would be quietly thinking and then out of the blue he would say "I just can't wait to hold our baby mom!" or he'd say "I'm just thinking about our baby... I wonder if he will look like me!" He was bouncing off the walls in excitement when they came to meet Simon and Eli didn't want to leave my hospital room, even passing up a trip to the cafeteria for a cookie because he didn't want to put the little bundle down!
When Gabriel took his first peek at Simon I asked him if he thought Simon was cute, Gabe shyly shrugged his shoulders, he is the sweetest little thing and wasn't too sure about holding Simon. Gabe was a bit cautious at first but has quickly became a little pro...
I loved watching all of my boys inspect every little part of their tiny brother... we kept hearing things like "look at his little nose" and "oh he has tiny fingers" and "look at his cute toes"... They were so curious and interested...totally in love at first sight with Simon...it was pretty adorable!!
The first photo of our five boys...
Glen's parents were so supportive and happy for us! They drove up from South Jordan Saturday morning and they picked up his little sister Sarah in North Salt Lake on the way.
Here is Simon with Grandma Shirlene...
and with beautiful aunt Sarah... it was SO great to see them and show off our little guy!
My friend Cheryl and her husband stopped in as well as my brother and his wife Edie. My Dad came by Saturday night after working his shift in the temple... he even brought me a chocolate frosty from Wendy's! We felt so much love from everyone... lots of phone calls, text messages and emails filled with well wishes and congratulations! We are so blessed to have such great family and friends!
I have never had a baby in the middle of the night... I think the latest time I had one was like eleven PM and boy what a difference it makes to get some sleep and have some time to rest those first few hours after having a baby! I delivered Simon at 3:17 AM and by the time I got settled in a room it was about 5:30AM. Just as I was drifting off to sleep the lab tech came in to draw my blood at 6 and then just as I was drifting off again the nurses came in to start their shift around 7AM!! Seriously?! I kind of wanted to cry! I think I slept for a couple of hours after that but then breakfast came at 9...really... it was a rough day! I was SO tired yet so excited to share our news and show off Simon! I ended up with an intense headache that afternoon that no amount of motrin could touch... I had to take some more powerful stuff for it which left me pretty loopy for our visitors and I just was not up for phone calls or responding to messages etc that evening! Saturday night I tried to get to sleep early but was up a lot because I could not get rid of my headache... I probably should have stayed another night in the hospital to take it easy but I was anxious to get out and spend some time with Julie before she went home! I knew I had good family support and help so I decided to go home on Sunday!
Check back for the story of bringing baby Simon home and our first week with our little guy...










1 comment:
What a precious family you have. We were so happy to welcome Simon. He is so blessed to be in your family.
Post a Comment