This is what I woke up to this morning....
Awwwww.... aren't they sweet!
Evan loves cooking and with a little help from Glen they whipped up some awesome breakfast sandwiches... YUM!
Look at those biscuits!
Gabe and Oliver wrote me a "letter." Gabe told me that it said "Happy Mother's Day, your the best mom and we love you!"
The boys all went shopping with Glen and picked out some of my "favorites"...
I guess they like me chubby! :)
They also picked out these pretty flowers...
Elijah made this wreath for me at scouts on Tuesday. He has had the hardest time all week not telling me about it. Several times he said "I am soooooo excited for Sunday to come!" "I can't wait to give you your present, you are going to LOVE it!"... "Do you want me to tell you what it is?" "Do you want to open it?" etc, etc! He was so proud of his gift and I was pretty impressed! He picked out the colors of fabric and made up the pattern... so cute! I mentioned awhile back that I wanted a wreath to hang on the front door and Eli was most excited that his gift was something I needed :)
Eli also painted this picture for me... He is quite the little artist huh!
At church today the primary and nursery children sang one of our family's favorite songs " Heavenly Father loves me" It was so sweet to watch Eli, Gabe and especially little Ollie singing every word so earnestly! It melted my heart! Oliver was SO excited to sing and when it was all done he came running back to our bench and said loudly "I singed so good!" everyone around us laughed and throughout the day several people commented on how cute it was to see him, such a little boy, singing every word!! Gabe wrote a note in his primary class to me that said "I love you because you go on walks with me." Eli filled out a questionnaire about me and wrote... You are a great mom because "you share the gospel and help me do things". My favorite part of the day is "when we clean up together" (I was shocked with that answer and when I asked Eli about it he said its not true but it's the only thing I could think of that we do EVERYDAY! haha) Thanks for teaching me "everything." and I love you because" you're smart and fun."
I love my cute boys and had such a great day focusing on how lucky I am to be their mom! I LOVE being a mom. I told the boys today that from the time I was a little girl I couldn't wait to be a mom... and have a big family! The Life of a mom is not glamorous and it is not easy, there are no instruction books and it is not always fun, most days are hard and full of sacrifice. But when I think about the big picture, of what life is all about and when I look at my kids for who they really are and what they will become- that is when I know that being their mom is the most important work in the world! I am so lucky to have five little boys who bring so much joy to life!
Handsome Evan not only made breakfast for me but he also made dinner!!- (with a little help from Glen!) steaks on the grill, homemade french fries, watermelon and lemoniscious cake for dessert! He also cleaned the house, did the dishes, and waited on me ALL day! I love him so much!
There is something even more sweet about Mother's Day when you have a tiny baby in your arms... isn't he such a dream!!
ALL these boys are a dream come true...
Thanks to my amazing husband for helping me to feel so loved today and EVERYDAY in this world of boys I am living in! They all treat me so well thanks to his example and love!
I feel so lucky that I have the best mom in all the world! I have been surrounded by wonderful mother's my whole life..starting with my mom and my grandma's! I also have my aunts, my church leaders, my mother in-law, my sisters, my sister in laws, my cousins, my friends. All mom's need support and love from each other because being a mom is one of the hardest jobs there is! I am so blessed to have the influence of all these great mother's who I learn from everyday! Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's in my life!





2 comments:
They are such cute boys! Sounds like a good day!
You are such a great mom and such a wonderful example to all the people you are around. Your boys are just great and you are teaching them the things that are important. Thanks for all you do and for sharing your sweet spirit with all of us. We love you!!!
Post a Comment