Friday, October 5, 2007

Fall...my favorite season!

Last Sunday was one of those "perfect Fall days." Sunny, with a little chill in the air. There is just something in the air that makes fall smell good!... We decided it would be a perfect day to take a drive up the canyon and enjoy the changing colors. We love living so close to the canyon and have been wanting to explore all that it has to offer. On the map there is a place called Silver Lake. I was secretly hoping that this could be my Lehi version of Tony Grove (my favorite place in Logan canyon.) So I convinced Glen to follow the map and take us to Silver Lake. The drive was beautiful, the colors were breathtaking. We stopped a few places along the way to take some pictures. the camera really does not do the scenery justice! We finally made it to the dirt road that would take us to Silver Lake. After a really long and bumpy ride we turned the corner and there... was Silver Lake.... To my disappointment it was more of a watering hole than a Lake! I guess the water is really low this year, or maybe it always looks that way? I don't know? Oh well, The rest of the trip totally made up for it. The boys loved looking for the perfect walking stick and stomping their feet to make the leaves "crunch." They collected one leaf of every color and some "special rocks"too!! It really was a Perfect fall day!


3 comments:

Shirlene said...

Emily, I love your blog!! I enjoy all the new things you do. It is so fun to see the pictures and to hear about what you are doing!
You'll have to go up to the Granite Flats camp ground. Check it out and see what you guys think about it. It might be a fun place to go camping next year.
Keep up the good work with all you are doing. Love, Mom Huber

Jennie said...

the slide show was so fun to watch! my favorite was the family picture at the end! so fun!

i love fall too! it is my favorite time of year! the leaves are beautiful!

Alleman Family said...

Em, Such fun pics!! I love the fall colors too. Thanks for your link with all the fun backgrounds... all my friends want cute backgrounds now! And to think... it all started with you... :)