Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween Party!

Last weekend we drove up to Logan for the annual Murray family
Halloween Party!!

We look forward to this party every year and especially this year because it had been awhile since we had last seen our family and good old Logan! Evan and Eli wanted to dress up as "army guys" again this year- luckily the costumes still fit! Glen was a basketball player and I was the referee! Gabe was the cutest little pumpkin (thanks to Sunny for the darling costume) My favorte part was the stem! (I spray painted his little mohawk green!) We had a great time enjoying all the traditions.... Costumes, baked potato bar, fish pond, mummy game, bean bag toss, donuts on a string etc... Not to mention relaxing at my mom and dad's house over the weekend with a much needed hair appointment, shopping , and date night for me and Glen with free babysitting... and that's not all! Saturday we were able to go to my cousins wedding while great grandma and grandpa Murray babysat- the boys were so excited! They played games, told stories, built swords, and ate treats! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!! I was so happy to learn that North Logan was having the annual Pumpkin Walk over the weekend while we were there! This is one of my favorite fall traditions in Logan. Several organizations, groups, and even private families decorate scenes with pumpkins! They were very elaborate this year! the theme was "those were the days." It was really fun to have my brother Steve and his boys join us! We ha d a busy weekend, filled with lots of fun!!! We are so thanful for family and the wonderful memories that we continue to make together!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the annual Halloween party - your post made me soooo homesick! I wish we could have been there for all the fun! I love that tradition, I hope our family always keeps it going! It looks like you guys had a great time in logan - your slideshow is too cute! love you!

Sunny Jo said...

Im so JEALOUS that u went to the PUMPKIN WALK!! That was my all time favorite thing to do in the fall in Logan!! Next year u will have to let me know when it is, so i can take my girls!!:)
Looks like u have a great family!! Glad u had fun!!

Jennie said...

what a fun tradition!!! a family halloween party!!! i love halloween!!

em, i have to say, you are beautiful! after looking at all of your pictures on this post and the previous ones... you are just beautiful! inside and out!

i have decided that i want to be like you when i grow up...

Becca and Kent said...

I love the Halloween party. It is such a fun tradition. It's too bad I wasn't able to come down. Maybe next year. Gabe's green hair is so cute!

Emily said...

Becca- I love recieving your comments and I hear that you have a blog but when I click on your name in the comment it won't link me to your blog... anyway let me know your blog info so that we can stay in touch!

Becca and Kent said...

I guess you found my blog, then. I'm glad! I didn't even think that you wouldn't be able to get to it, so I'm glad you were able to find it. It sure is fun to have a way to keep up with everyone. Yeah, I'm way excited for the wedding. It's coming so fast!!

Heather said...

You all look so cute in your costumes!! It will be fun to see you this weekend in Logan. I don't measure up to your scrapbooking standards, but you make things so fun!! And, I totally agree with Jennie's comment on this post. You're one gorgeous gal, Emily!!