Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Little Getaway

The boys had their "Fall Break" from school earlier this month which gave us an extended weekend to be together. Glen's territory for work extends from South SLC to St. George. Normally he flies to St. George once a month for a few days but since the boys were out of school he planned some work towards the end of the week in St. George and we drove with him to enjoy a little getaway! St. George is one of my favorite places! I have lots of memories from my childhood "vacationing" (a.k.a. dad's annual work conferences) in St. George! The warm weather felt so great compared to the chilly wind here in Lehi! I love the RED mountains that look like Swiss cheese and are shaped like mushrooms! (sounds like I'm hungry, right? but these are actually two of my least favorite foods!) Anyway, we had a great time hanging out in the hotel- swimming, watching movies and playing video games until Glen arrived in the evenings. Some of the highlights of the trip for me were; Hiking at Pioneer Park (the big rock with "Dixie" painted on it), watching Glen stealthily sprawled on his stomach over a giant rock, stick in one hand -while Evan and Eli stood as "guards" nearby trying to coax a lizard out of its hiding spot, driving up Snow Canyon with the windows down, playing around and digging at the sand dunes, Take Out for dinner every night, watching Gabriel enjoy his first time in a pool, shopping at the outlets, watching Eli and Evan master the vending machines in the hotel (they LOVE treats and just happened to bring along their "own money" they couldn't spend it fast enough!) and visiting the famous Blue Bunny ice cream parlor! It was just nice to be together doing fun things. I think it would have been a really long weekend otherwise! The best part of the entire getaway was just that... Getting Away!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have so many memories of St. Geoerge too! Your boys are adorable! I love all the pics in red sand, I'm glad you all were able to enjoy a little getaway!

Jennie said...

i love all of your pictures! it looks like you all had a wonderful time together!

little getaways are the best! i usually never want to come home!