Friday, November 9, 2007

Candy... lots of it!

Too much Halloween Candy! the other day after school I decided to do away with the daily rations (mainly because I couldn't resist sneaking some for myself throughout the day) I figured we'd have candy around the house til' July tempting me! So I told the boys they could eat whatever candy they wanted, any amount! Just to get rid of it. I didn't have the heart to just throw it away! You should have seen the joy in their faces, especially Eli, he is a sugar addict! There were candy wrappers and candy trails and sticky fingers! Gabe was squeeling and literally shaking as he watched the boys with their suckers- he wanted one sooo bad! As you can tell I was in the giving mood, so I handed him a red lollypop just to see what he would do. Well he's no dummy, he shoved it right in his little mouth and of course, loved it! I snapped some pictures and in that short time he became a sticky mess. I came to my senses and realized I would like my sleep instead of dealing with a baby on a sugar high all night! I took the lollypop from him and he yelled in protest, it quickly turned to sobs, and that holding your breath kind of crying!! Guess he really liked it! I am happy to report no more candy around here!!






4 comments:

Jennie said...

lol! how funny!

Julie said...

see now in their eyes you are the most awesome mom in the whole world, us mom's need that sometimes!!!

Alleman Family said...

Funny Story... I was blogging and Bry wanted to come and sit on my lap. No problem. Then we got to your blog and he saw the suckers!! It was so funny. He stood up and starting grabbing at the monitor and saying nummy numms (he says this when he's hungry or wants treats!) It was so cute!

Becca and Kent said...

I love the look in Gabe's eyes!