Evan and Eli have been counting down the days to our primary program! I think they were both excited and a little nervous too! Last week the primary chorister called to see if they would be willing to sing a verse of "This is my Beloved Son" together. They were a little hesitant but after having the "we always say yes when people ask us to help at church" talk they agreed to sing the song. We don't have a piano, so in order to practice we linked to the church website. It worked great and every -so -often throughout the week I would hear the song start up accompanied by Evan singing! He is getting good at finding the correct pitch and even experiments with a little vibrato at times!! (thanks to his cousin Claire!) They both also had speaking parts. Eli said a little line about Faith and they asked Evan to tell an experience about the Holy Ghost. Last weekend while I was scrapbooking my mom helped him write a short talk- It was perfect (thanks mom!). They had a pracitce yesterday and Evan told me that when it was his turn to practice his part that his "tummy hurt just like before your going to throw up!!" I tried to reassured him the best I could... I didn't want to tell him that I still get that feeling when I have to speak in front of people! Anyway, I was so proud of my boys today! They are so brave- they remembered all the correct words. They smiled. Evan looked up as he spoke, he remembered to speak slow and clear- Grandpa Kim would have been proud!! Their mom sure was!!





5 comments:
they look so handsome! i am thrilled that they did so well!
good job guys!!!
THey did awesome Em! I was so impressed with Evan!!! Where did you get their darling suits?
Such a cute pic of you three! You guys make cute kiddos! (I hope that wasn't too gross, sorry if it was!) That's so fun about the program. I can't wait til Bry is old enough to do stuff like that. So, where did you get your cute background and stuff?
so cute! Wish we could have seen them at the program. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
I got to see their Primary Program and I was SO impressed with what a good job Evan and Eli did! They were awesome!! I think Evan is ready to sing a solo in Sacrament meeting. :) And, to give a talk too. He did great! Eli did his part well too.
Love from a proud Grandma.
Post a Comment