Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy Birthday!!


Today is a special day...It's a day to celebrate the person who I love the very most! It's My wonderful husband's Birthday!! I know a lot of ladies out there think that their husband is pretty great but I have to tell you that NONE of them could even compare to how AMAZING my Glen is... Here are 35 reasons why I love him and think he is the best!

1. He loves me unconditionally, a true friend!

2. He is the best daddy in the world!

3. He comes from a wonderful family- 7 siblings, loving parents.

4. He is very easy going and puts others at ease.

5. He has a contagious laugh- he laughs out loud at movies-I love that! - I tend to chuckle under my breath

6. He has BEAUTIFUL blue eyes- like the color of a blue twin pop popsicle

7. He is confident but only in a good way, he never thinks he is better than someone else.

8. He loves little kids- I used to get bothered at family gatherings when all the adults gather to visit because I could never find Glen... Now I know to find the kids and thats where he is. He is a kid at heart

9. He is smart and kind and people are just naturally drawn to him- I know thats more than one thing, but the combination of all those things make him really great at his profession.

10. He is hard working- He supports us so that I can stay home with our boys.

11. He sings to the radio and I think secretly that he would love to be in a boy band! (hee hee)

12. He is a picky eater- no tomatos, meatloaf, watermelon, coconut, fish, mushrooms, peas...just to name a few

13. He teaches our boys- how to tie their shoes, how to hang up their shirts, how to put a belt on, he potty trained them... I do things for them- he teaches them to do things for themselves

14. He knows Soooo much about computers! He teaches me all the tricks- and no matter what calling I have in church- he is my secretary.

15. He LOVES babies and they love him.

16. He is thoughtful- he writes me little love notes and leaves them in random places I woke up to feed Gabe early one morning and there was a note attatched to the can of formula in the pantry!

17. He has unshakeable faith, a deep conviction and testimony of our Savior, and of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He loves the gospel and it shows by how he acts- it is just part of him.

18. He is not vain. When I was high school I drove a rusty 85 Dodge colt. When I married Glen I started driving his Honda prelude and he drove the colt- He wanted me to drive the nicer car so that I didn't find myself broken down somewhere.(see, how sweet he is!) He drove that little Dodge of mine with no A/C for 8 years! He never complained! (EVER!)

19. He has dark skin and in the summer months his body glows with a beautiful tan....accompanied by those blue eyes and broad shoulders... um, he's really hot!

20. He always runs errands for me. He drives around alot with his job so he calls me and asks if we need anything...usually we do...and lots of times when he comes home to deliver- He pulls out a nail polish or a lip gloss or my favorite gossip magazine from behind his back...just because

21. He makes the boys birthday cakes... pirate ship, volcano- dino land, choo-choo train, fire truck... They are amazing! He says he learned by watching his mom. Did I mention he decorates for their birthday's too!! (he is my Martha!)

22. He is one of the most thoughtful people I know!- I have lots of stories about that- but one of my favorites is this ...during the winter months, when it's really cold outside, he warms up my side of the bed with the blow dryer!

23. He holds my hand while we ride together in the car.

24. He does work around the house everyday. From dishes to laundry to vacumning. I never have to take the garbage cans out to the road... He sees things that need to get done and does them and he never complains if the house is messy.

25. He plays with our boys. they build army bases, trian routes, tent cities, and safaree's. He loves to play!

26. He is a peacemaker. If we get into a disagreement and have a little "tif"- It is ALWAYS me who starts it...

27. He teaches our boys to be respectful and how to be gentlemen. Boy... do they get in trouble if they sass their mom in front of him.

28. He loves to have fun and no matter what we are doing he finds ways to make it fun. He loves to have parties and socialize and is VERY friendly

29. He is really good at math... I am not... Once I even called him from work because I couldn't figure out a dose rate (for IV's) I had just started my job and I was too embarrassed to ask someone I worked with. He could have just given me the answer...but he walked me through it very patiently! (I probably just freaked you out-- I promise I am a great nurse!)

30. He is a handy man. can fix anything, just like his dad!

31. He is athletic! loves to play basketball, football, and softball. He is amazing on waterski's and snowski's too.

32. He is funny! He likes to make people laugh. sometimes, when I am really mad he tries to tickle me or make me smile- I hate that! I try to stay mad for awhile-but it's hard with him around! ...He doesn't really ever get mad... he has a great sense of humor!

33. He doesn't mind just doing nothing... He doesn't have to be entertained or always on the move.... He is just easy to chill with!

34. He NEVER tells me I can't go somewhere "until after the kids are in bed" or makes me feel bad when I leave with friends, family or a meetings. He always says "go, have fun, and don't worry about us. I got it!" and he really does "have it" He would be a great stay at home dad! ...he would probably do better than I do most days!!! (seriously!)

35. He is a family man in every sense of the word! He loves me and our boys and everything he does is for us!...


I could keep going all the way up to 300 at least!! I wish I had the time! I am a lucky girl to have him for my partner in life, my husband, my love, my best friend! He and our boys are my whole world!


Happy Birthday baby, I love you!!!




9 comments:

Alleman Family said...

Hey Em,
where did you get your background?? Was it hard to do? I know that Heather wants a new background and I may want to change mine sometime!

Jennie said...

this is one of the most amazing posts i have ever read! you truly are a lucky woman... and in my opinion, he is a lucky man!

happy birthday glen! 35 is fun!

Becca and Kent said...

Ah. Your list reminded me of all the reasons that I love Kent and am so excited to be married to such an incredible guy. Thanks! We sure are lucky girls, aren't we all, to have good husbands!(or future husband in my case) It is so encouraging to see how happy people can be to be married. Sometimes it gets scary to think about all the unhappiness in the world, but I have so much hope that life can be great as a married couple! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

so cute and so true. I am proud that Glen is my brother and glad that he got a good woman!
Happy Birthday bro - I am a bad sis and thought about it all day thinking that we would all call you together - but then I forgot!!! So sorry! Love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alleman Family said...

Hey Em... what a fun list for your hubby! Did you guys have a fun Turkey Day? We had fun in the SUN in AZ. It was so warm. We loved every minute of it... well, except for the 14 hour drive. Yeah, that part I just try to block out... it's just one big black hole in my memory... :)

Heather said...

Way to count your blessings!! It sure does make a person feel lucky when they think of all the great traits in their hubbies. It sounds like Glen is incredible!!

Katie Jane said...

Hey my cute cousin! I found your blog off of Julie's! I love ya tons and I love that you have a blog! You are wonderful and I miss you. Do you want to live in Tremonton?

Jennie said...

i am just missin ya today! linda and i were talking about you yesterday at church! and i just wanted to say hello!

love ya!