Thursday, November 8, 2007

Halloween week!

The week of Halloween is one of my favorites! Lots of parties, costumes, mini candybars and time to carve pumpkins! This year in particular I was really looking forward to Halloween because my little sister Julie and her cute family were coming to Utah for the week and spending the holiday with us!! Mom and Dad also joined us for most of the week so it couldn't have been better! We continued our favorite Halloween traditions and started some new ones too! The boys school had a costume parade and class Halloween parties the Friday before Halloween. I had fun helping in Eli's kindergarten class this year. Mom and Dad made it just in time to see the parade and take Gabe home for me so I could be in the classroom. Julie's family arrived late Friday night and the fun just got more fun! Here are a few of the things we enjoyed together...

Costume parade!



Yeah!! Ruby's here!


We had a little Halloween party where we ate dinner and bravely tasted "witches potion." We we we rocked out to Halloween tunes while carving pumpkins. When the masterpieces were complete we lit candles in them and turned out the lights. we ended the spooky night by laying on the floor, gazing at our pumpkins, singing Halloween
songs!






while the boys were in school we went to Gardners Village. It was a beautiful day and such a fun outing! I love the fun atmosphere and little shops. One of my new favorite places! During October they decorate the whole village with life size witches wearing and doing all kinds of crazy things... so fun! I felt bad that the boys weren't there to see it- I'll be sure to take them next year, and a camera too! That afternoon when the boys got home we prepared for the big night!! It was all I could do to get them to eat their dinner... and it was PIZZA! They were so excited yet worn out from all the Halloween things all month... Needless to say after a few tantrums (mine included!) we shoved them out with Glen to Trick or Treat! we met up with them later but there was that Lehi wind blowing which made for a chilly night- too chilly for Gabe and Ruby... so we headed home, counted the loot, and barely got the face paint off before the boys hit their pillows. They had a great time and we ended the night trying to keep our eyes peeled open while watching Clue. Definatley a Happy Halloween!




Playin' Hookie!!!!

On Thursday we thought it would be fun to go up to Park City in the afternoon. I decided to let the boys play hookie and skip school. Evan woke up late and was so worried that he'd missed the bus...a smile quickly appeared though, when I told him the plans for the day. He and grandpa, who is a principal promised it would be an educational trip! We did most of our favorite things to do in Park City... window shop, ride the trolly, stop at the Chocolate Factory for a gourmet carmel apple, and then bought some all day suckers at our favorite trinket/craft shop. I love park City with all it's hills, quaint shops and houses, hundreds of moose statues, great shopping, ski resorts.... it just feels like a vacation even if your only there for the day! We had so much fun but it was a bittersweet day as we said our goodbye's to Julie, Richie and Ruby! Mom and Dad headed for Logan and I am really missing all of them!






1 comment:

Jennie said...

oh emily! i am so glad you are posting again! i have missed you tons!

it sounds like you had a great halloween season! so fun!

you rock, by the way, ... halloween music, songs, games? awesome!