Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cousins...

This is a bit late, but I had to be sure and post these cute pictures of some of the Huber cousin's doing what cousin's do best.... PLAYING!! three of Glen's five sisters came to Utah for their kids spring break during the last week in March. Carrie and Holly from Montana and Debbie from Colorado, plus all their kids -11 total!! It's not too often that there are so many cousin's around for my boys to hang out with and they were so excited! Here are some of the fun things we did together while they were all in town.


Family Home Evening...

the three out of town siblings, plus the other two siblings that live here in Utah and us.... all got together one evening for FHE at grandma's house!! and it was a houseful!!! but with the Huber's it never feels crowded... there is always room for everyone! That's just one of the things I love about Glen's family- his parents are so warm and welcoming and never seem to be stressed out or overwhelmed by all of us!! Glen's mom made a delicious dinner that fed us ALL! I love her dinner's she is such a good cook. I borrow some of her recipes soemtimes, but when I make them they never taste as good as her's!! After dinner all the boys went out in the backyard and played football. Then grandma taught the Family Home Evening lesson on ancestors and we learned some really neat stories about some of them and learned about a pedigree chart. She made one for each individual family, with pictures and everything!!! Then she showed us her geneology that traced back to Kings in England all the way to Adam and Eve!! Pretty Amazing!! I am so thankful for our ancestors who paved the way for us to be right where we are today... Every decision that they made did have an influence on the generations to come! I try to remember that often... that my choices will affect my children and their children.... It's kind of scarry to think about.... but a good reminder!! We had a great time visiting and catching up and then planning some activities for the rest of the week...

here are most of the football boys... a bunch of hunks!!!


left to right

back row: Evan, Braxton, Sam (on the shoulders) Andersen, Drake

front row: Jake, Eli .... Wesley is missing....


Here's Elijah running for a touchdown!!!

Hogel Zoo

I took my boys out of school so that we could join everyone at the Zoo. It was such a warm day. Perfect for walking around, eating kettle corn (thanks grandma!) ricing the train, and checking out wild animals!!


the Cousins....




Eli and Avery


Evan, Andersen, Braxton, and Eli...
My boys think these two brothers are the coolest kids ever and do everything that they do! They have such a fun time together!

One day after school some of the kids came over to our house to play while their mom's had a little alone time....shopping! When they got back, we had dinner and played games while the kids all watched a movie!!


Evan and Maddie's bakery....

Sam helped a little too!! (isn't he the cutest?!!)


I used to swear I wouldn't have boys that played with toy weapons. I wasn't going to have them in my house you know, the whole "they might encourage violence".... well ,It started out that way but any of you that have boys know that little boys find a way... they make weapons out of stuff.... even if they've never seen a weapon or how it works, somehow they know.... it is in their gentic make-up or something???.... They make a carrot a gun and a paper towel roll a sword.... I finally gave in and just bought some after awhile and they are the toys that get played with the most. Here are the boys as "ninja army guys"
Eli, Wesley, and Jake

We love cousins!!!








3 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

EM-
So cute. I love all those pictures. I have some of those, but you got some great ones. Thanks for always posting so well and remembering everything--you're the best!

macwise said...

Hey, it's Ron Adair here...Janese's hubby...

I'm really starting to understand this about myself. I used to be "anti-gun", not for any particular reason other than the fact that I was ignorant. Mind you I wasn't one of those hyper-anti-gun people, I just sat on the side of the fence thinking it was "better to not have them".

After spending time with a friend who is an avid hunter, shooter, and sportsman in general, (and a very responsible individual) - Howard Anderson from North Logan - and after listening to alternate points of view from others including Dr. Laura, I realized exactly what you did.

Agressiveness (if checked), protective instincts, desires to hunt and provide, and creation/exploration are all part of the male genetic makeup, and it's innate in us to protect, as well as to like big things that go boom. Couple that with compassion, patience, respect and faith and you have a well balanced male.

I have since learned that my time is better spent teaching my children, friends and associates to show the proper education and respect to things like guns rather than try to follow the current societal trend of emasculating all men and their true nature.

Toni said...

So darling, it sounds like you have been having a blast. That Gabe is a cute little fart, I bet Glen eats it up! Cousins seriously are the best! Am I right?