Tuesday, April 8, 2008

True Aggies!!


So... I guess it's time to "make it official" and let the whole world know that we are moving!! Yes... I know it was just a less than a year ago that we said the same thing and here we are loving life in Utah county...facing yet another move!!

Glen was offered a new job and it is something that we'd be crazy to pass up! even still, at first I was torn because we just moved and planned on being here for a long time, I absolutley love it here!! We have the BEST neighbors, love the school, the area, our house, friends and ward... I was so nervous to move here... my first move out of Cache valley, it was a big deal! I decided early on that I was going to make the best of it and I dove in loving it and so it's been hard to think about a change again... but not too hard because we will be going back to our beloved Cache valley... home to lots of our family, friends, and of course the Aggies!!!

Glen will be working for Kauai Travel Authority as their sales and marketing manager. The office is located in Providence, just south of Logan. This opportunity will put him in a really great position! He is excited to use his expertise in sales and marketing to assist the company towards even more growth!! He is so hard working and I know he will be a huge asset to them!

Glen will start the new position the first part of May. We will move the first week in June, just after the boys finish school. Like I mentioned... at first I was a tiny bit resistant (sorry family!) But as I look back over the last year, I can see how little things have made this possible for us and that everything has just fallen into place. Not only that but I have learned so much about myself this past year and about relationships. My love for my extended family has grown even more, I have learned to rely on my husband more, I've learned what having true friends really means, I know that change is good, I have seen a different side of my boys as they have embraced it too.... there is so much more and it's been a really incredible year for us!
I am so excited to live near my parents, my grandparents, lots of aunts and uncles and cousins and my brother and his family. Cache Valley is beautiful and historic, we have so many fond memories there and truly feel blessed to be going back!! One other thing I am really excited about is that Logan canyon doesn't have bears!!! I know that sounds stupid, because I'm sure there could be like one, maybe?...but we love camping and hiking and knowing that there are lots of bears down here, even attacks... I was working on talking myself out of loving the mountains... but now I don't have too!! We love everything about Cache Valley!!

I mentioned that everything has fallen into place for us, here is another example. My aunt and uncle just moved out of their house a few months ago, it is empty and they have offered it to us to rent while we look for something more permanent! It is a beautiful home, with lots of property, (the boys will love exploring!) in a really nice location in Hyde Park!! It is within walking distance to my mom, my grandparents, and my brother! So it will be lots of fun! We are so grateful to them and it takes a lot of stress off of us during these crazy times with the housing market so up in the air! It's all really working out for us!!

I took these pictures of Gabriel a few months ago... He was not too happy about it or very willing for a photo shoot, but I was afraid these jammies wouldn't fit him much longer! He is so cute in everything... but I especially love these with the words accross his chubby bottom!! They are a fun reminder of our college days with the logo of our #1 team...who's home is Cache Valley... Utah State Aggies... we're coming home!!

4 comments:

Toni said...

Wow, congratulations! Oh, and Happy birthday!!! I was just checking out Julie's blog and saw that it was your b-day so I hopped over to yours and I find that you are moving again!!! That is so crazy, but I am glad that everything will be working out for you guys. Congrats again and good luck. Just started a blog if you want to pop over and visit and see some pics of my boys. Oh, and we are expecting a girl in July! bntfulks.blogspot.com

Shirlene said...

We will miss having you closer down here, but are happy for you guys!! Love you lots! And, Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Go Aggies! Em, you know I am more than a little jealous - my beloved Logan. Someday we will make it back too - hopefully! :) Everything has worked out so perfectly for you guys, it really was meant to be! I am glad you guys had such a great year, I hope you have many many more. love you!

The Straley's said...

Congratulations! It will be fun to have you back in Logan. What area of the valley are you guys going to live?