Monday, April 7, 2008

Don't be shy...say Hello... come on please!!

So... I put this map on my blog (down by my music player, check it out) that lets me know how many people look at my blog and where they are from!! Pretty cool huh? Well not really I've decided... it's driving me a bit crazy! most of the cities I can guess who the person might be who is checking it out, but there are a few who I have no clue... like the United Kingdom??? I don't think I know anybody there?? and Germany?? Now... I do know how the blog world works... you just click from one person to the next to the next to the next until you realize that you don't even know the person who you are reading about! We've all done it... It doesn't mean your psycho! I am not freaked out by that... I just try to be very carful about what I write and although I do understand the whole private blog thing, I'm not totally into it! The thing is... there are lots of people who look at my blog and I know that they know me... so I'm just saying... I'd love it if you would say hi... It's really easy to leave a comment all you have to do is set up a gmail account- you don't even have to use it for email, just set it up so that you can leave me a comment! Better yet, start your own blog- it's easy and then I can check yours out and leave you a comment!! There is nothing worse than writing a post, being willing to spill your guts and then NEVER having anyone say anything! It's almost more creepy to me to know that people who know me are spying and not saying anything than that strangers are randomly falling upon my blog!!! So... yes I'm going crazy... I used to think mainly just the people who leave me comments are the ones who check my blog... but now I know that's not the case... I get an average of 5 comments per post but have up to 20 hits a day.... come on people- just say Hi ...please !!! I'm making a new committment that I'm going to a lot more! or maybe I should just get rid of that map?... hmmmm

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em, you are an international superstar! Germany and the UK? You have inspired me to comment on the blogs where I blurk :) (blog + lurk). Everyone knows bloggers live for comments so I am going to be better too!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I wish I showed up on your map. boo.

jkhuber said...

Hi, Em! Happy Birthday yesterday!

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Well since you left it open to comments I thought I would say hi. You don't know me but I thought that your were the best mom when I saw your blog and I thought I would check back every once in awhile to get such cute ideas of what you do with your boys for the holidays, etc. I'm friends with Kim Wilson (formerly Kim Mangelson) who is sisters with Tawnya Hyde. I hope that you don't mind that I looked at your blog. I just thought your ideas were so cute with St. Patricks day and Valentines day. My little boy is 10 months old and he is the only one right now but someday I'll be able to use some of the cute holiday ideas. Sorry if this bugs you but thanks for the great ideas again!

Heather said...

Girl....now I am totally freaked out! I actually had a random comment from somebody in Sweden. I must say, it bugged me. Dont talk to me, I dont know you. Dont read about me, I dont know you. Just because I put my thoughts and photos on the world wide web, doesn't mean I want you to read it!!

But I know, we all do it. Why do we read about strangers?? It is a weird thing my friend.

Cally said...

emily - your blog is cute - yeah i'm one of those people who know you and spy on you without you knowing i'm there - sorry. i agree with you though - i'd like to know who looks at my blog too!

Cally (green meadows)

Nelson said...

totally don't know you, totally saying "hi"
found you through richie & julie's