Thursday, April 10, 2008

So Big!!


Gabriel took his first steps over the Easter weekend! Since then, he just keeps getting more brave! He loves to pull himself up to things and then he takes a few steps away... he usually quickly changes his mind and turns back for safety! But he is getting close to being a full time walker!!! He thinks he is pretty neat and always smiles for the camera...he loves to see us all gathered around clapping for him!!

He also says a few words... "da da" is his favorite, he calls me "na na" and the cutest word he says is Eli... Yes that's right, he calls for him all day... "E-i" "E-i" He can also tell you what a monkey says. "ooh ooh ahh ahh" He really likes animals and stands at the sliding glass door watching our neighbors dog. he squeels and grunts and pounds on the glass! I've been teaching him a few signs... milk, more, all done, eat... are the main ones. He used to do a few of them but now he just watches me do them and them squeels for whatever it is that he wants... I don't know if I should just give up?...hopefully he'll start to use them more!

Gabe loves to wave bye bye to his brothers as they go off to school... He waves until the bus pulls away and oh, he has the cutest wave...like he's on a float at a parade. He scrunches up his nose, and has the funniest expressions! He loves his blanket and gives a little giggle when we hand it to him for bedtime. If you say "where's Gabe?" He stops whatever he is doing and ducks his little head down then quickly pops back up... wearing a big grin, that's our que to say "boo!" He loves that game as well as the "trotting in my pony cart" (thanks to uncle Richie) and "the noble duke of york!" He is seriously the sweetest most happy baby... and if you can't tell...
we sure love him a lot!!
Here's our baby WALKING, TALKING and WAVING bye bye!!!

(before you play the videos, scroll down and pause my music player so that you can hear his cute sounds...)






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Gabriel John! What a big boy! He is just a little dream! I can't believe he is starting to walk Em! Ruby just barely learned how! They grow too fast. I wish I could squeeze him and give him kisses on those soft little cheeks! Your video is darling, I love the cameo from kitty:) I miss you guys so much - hopefully we can get out there sometime soon. love you!

Anonymous said...

Gabe is such a cute little boy. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. I love the video with him saying "eli" - so cute. love ya

Sunny Jo said...

So cute!! I LOVED your videos!! Sometimes you forget about taking out the Video Camera(Especially on your 2nd, 3rd child, and so on..)!
I had SO much fun tonight!! Thanks again girl....

Anniebananie said...

He is so cute and growing fast! What fun video's. Happy late birthday!

Katie Jane said...

He is so darling! I love it. When did he get so big? I can't wait to have park days with you guys....when are you moving again?

Becca and Kent said...

He's seriously the most adorable little baby I've ever seen!! This post makes me so baby hungry! Sigh. He's darling.

Jennie said...

how cute! i can't believe how big he is! how fun for all of you!

Shirlene said...

How fun to see Gabe walking and talking! I especially loved "Eli" and the waving! I love your blog! Love you guys, Mom Huber

Shirlene said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.