
Every year about this time, the snow starts melting and instead of wearing stuffy old socks, it feels so good to air out and finally slid into some flip- flops!! Well there is nothing worse than un-painted, long, unclipped toenails, or rough calloused heels looking out at you from a flip flop or sandal, it's just gross. Especially when it's on a guy... with any of the above mentioned anomalies... add a lot of hair to the toes and barff!!! So Every year since Glen and I have been married I have vowed that no husband of mine is going to be walking around with un-manicured feet!
Well now that I have two sons who are entering the world of...gross feet... You know when they're little... toe jam is cute, and their feet are kissable...not so much anymore!! So....For the Priesthood session of general conference, when all the big boys are gone, I know that a lot of girls get together with friends or sisters and moms and have bonding time. Little traditions of making jewlery, shopping, painting nails or scrapbooking, which I'd love to do... it's just this year there was no plan! So I decided that I'd treat my boys to a much needed, night at the spa! (excluding Gabe... I could eat his toes right up!) They were SO excited!! And I must admit it was the most fun we've had without Dad around, in a long time!! So we pulled out the Dr. Scholls Foot Bath, lined up all the foot products, and the pedicures began...
Elijah... soaking...

Lucky boys...what man doesn't love being pampered?!? (don't mind the toilet paper shoved in Evan's nose... he had a little trouble earlier...)

With wide eyes, they were looking through the many colors of nail polish, I reminded Evan and Eli that BOYS usually just use clear polish. Evan agreed that clear would be best! But not Eli, he boldly reminded us all that "uncle Richie always has painted toes...green or blue and besides David has black painted fingernails!" I asked him, "Who is David?" he gave me that "duh mom" look and said "You, know David ... on American Idol!" Oh, yeah... David Cook one of our favorite contetants on the show. I had never noticed his fingernails but I guess Eli did. I decided it wasn't that big of a deal if he was ok with having colors on his toes, as long as it wasn't pink!!
He chose mango...
Evan stuck with clear...

Glen is up next....
then I can check that one off my spring cleaning list!!!
flip-flop season, here we come!!!!
12 comments:
Emily, if you get Glen to paint his toenails, I'll lose all respect for him as a man. Just so you know.
:)
My wife and I love your blog, by the way.
How funny--Kent wouldn't even come close to letting me do something like that to his feet--I've tried. :D But I agree with you; feet should look good!
It was fun to see Eli's colorful toenails. Let us know how Glen does. Love your blog - as usual!!
I can't wait for my turn. There's nothing better than having fresh feet with shining toenails to walk around in flip flops with... Every man should have this done!
LOVE it!! How fun that your boys let you do that to them, I bet they LOVED being pampered!!
By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!! CANT WAIT TILL OUR GIRLS NIGHT OUT!!:)
Good job Em - not enough men know the importance of a good pedicure! I need to paint richie's toes soon - it has been way to long - no clear polish for him though, he only likes color! The women your boys marry are going to be so appreciative - you have raised such well groomed boys!
Oh yeah - I forgot to tell you Happy Happy Birthday! I wish I could be there to eat a big piece of cake with you! I love you so much, I am so lucky to have you as a sister and friend - I hope your day is great! xoxo Ju
Happy Birthday! You are awesome! You seriously are the cutest mom and wife! I love your cute blog, and all of your amazing ideas. Your Easter looked like a wonderful day!
I have been thinking about you today and wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! Hope you are having a fun one! I love the pedicures - wish I was there! Love ya
Emily, I always smile when I read your blog. Your just awsome. I love the son pedicure! Your boys are so handsome. What a cool mother son activity to kick off spring right. Love ya, Becky
that boy toe nail painted orange look cool i wish mine were painted my name is tim im a boy
that boy toenail is cool
Post a Comment