Well, this second week of summer started off bad... more RAIN... seriously????
the only good thing about the rain is that I haven't had to pull out my "summer" box ...shorts and short sleeve shirts?... YIKES! which is good I guess because I haven't officially FREAKED out about the fact that there is NO way anything in that box is going to fit me! Ok... maybe I can squeeze into some of it?? but HELLO muffin top...sausage arms... kankels and lactating (i.e. large) chest area!!! GHEESH!!! Sweat suits are for rainy days and covering chub... FINE!!! but if you see me out in July with 90 degree weather and I'm sweating... in a sweat suit... just don't ask ok? anyone around here wanna join the gym with me??.... oh, wait I have a baby that is up all night which is tiring, oh so tiring... and summer with 4 kids home... tiring!
The last thing I have time for... is the gym. If I ever get a minute for myself... I just want to sleep, not work out... maybe I will just have to do a little shopping and buy the "dreaded size" that I am....if not, then I'll be seeing you around... in my sweat suit
BUT WAIT... that's not all... My mom is gone!!
for three whole weeks!! may not sound so bad to you, but to me... that's a LONG time and what's worse... she is with my two sisters, having a blast... all together in New York... and I am home... in the rain, with three boys and a baby...wearing a sweat suit
oh, and one more thing... my baby (sigh).... he is six weeks old ALREADY!!!
AND if you can't tell... I am down in the dumps...
p.s. don't worry, I'm pretty sure I don't need meds or anything
(yet!) and I know this post is a bit pessimistic and that I have MANY blessings and can't complain... but I just wanted too... for a minute! REALLY I am already smiling just thinking about my tiring baby... who I adore!!!

Oliver is a new baby on his medicine for reflux... now that is one of the many blessings I was refering too... seriously he is content and happy. He loves to just chill out and look around. He has started to smile a little... and it's adorable!!


and here are some pictures of him in one of the outfits that my sister Sara sent for him...
I love it!! For some reason Glen thinks he looks like a smurf... I think he couldn't be any cuter!

The last thing I have time for... is the gym. If I ever get a minute for myself... I just want to sleep, not work out... maybe I will just have to do a little shopping and buy the "dreaded size" that I am....if not, then I'll be seeing you around... in my sweat suit
BUT WAIT... that's not all... My mom is gone!!
for three whole weeks!! may not sound so bad to you, but to me... that's a LONG time and what's worse... she is with my two sisters, having a blast... all together in New York... and I am home... in the rain, with three boys and a baby...wearing a sweat suit
oh, and one more thing... my baby (sigh).... he is six weeks old ALREADY!!!
AND if you can't tell... I am down in the dumps...
p.s. don't worry, I'm pretty sure I don't need meds or anything
(yet!) and I know this post is a bit pessimistic and that I have MANY blessings and can't complain... but I just wanted too... for a minute! REALLY I am already smiling just thinking about my tiring baby... who I adore!!!

and here are some pictures of him in one of the outfits that my sister Sara sent for him...
I love it!! For some reason Glen thinks he looks like a smurf... I think he couldn't be any cuter!





7 comments:
Oh, he is so cute! When he was first born I thought he looked just like Evan, but now I think he just has his own look. So sweet!
Oh, Emily! I feel for you! Just one short year ago I was in your shoes! And I am sure you are more worthy of capris and short sleeve shirts than I even am right now! :) And I know that little Oliver makes all of it worthwhile and you wouldn't change a thing, but it doesn't change the fact that we girls are extremely hard on ourselves and we expect perfection from no one but ourselves--why is that? I hope tomorrow is a brighter day all around.
I love the outfit! and the photos. he is getting so big! can i come visit you guys?
Yay for a happy baby. And totally know how you feel having 4 kids, crazy busy!! I wish it would rain here though, it's just plain ol HOT!!
If he's a smurf, he's the cutest smurf I've seen. Good luck with the wardrobe. I TOTALLY understand. It stinks to be wearing maternity pants 6 weeks after delivery when others look like they were never even pregnant the very day after delivery.
Oh he's just too cute! That little baby yawn...ah! How do you keep yourself from just eating him up?
I'm sorry about the rain--but just think, you'll have a really pretty, green summer there! I'm so wishing I was there! (And I can't even imagine how wonderful it would be to live so close that three weeks away from my mom seemed like a long time.) Hang in there! You have a beautiful family, and you're doing a great job with them!
Such cute pictures. I love them. Take care and be patient with yourself. It is a never ending battle! I wish I could win it.
Post a Comment