Oliver was born exactly ONE week before Gabe's second birthday. Planning a birthday celebration after just returning from the hospital with a new baby was a little challenging but luckily I had Glen and my mom to help pull it off! We had been talking about Gabe's birthday with him for awhile and he very excited about it! He learned to sing "Happy Birthday to Gabe" and to hold up two fingers in answer to the big question "how old are you?" We even practiced blowing out candles several times! He knew he was going to have a birthday party with his cousins and he talked about it for a few days leading up to the big day! The anticipation was lots of fun for him and he was so excited on the morning of his birthday when instead of saying "good morning" to greet him we all started singing "happy birthday!" His whole face lit up and it was so fun to see that he knew it was a special day! The night before Gabe's birthday Glen went out and bought some presents, baked the cake then hung up streamers, balloons and birthday signs... I went to bed! So Gabe woke up to a celebration!! During his nap time my mom came over and we wrapped presents, built the cake and decorated it. On Glen's way home from work he picked up a load of sand to complete one of Gabe's gifts... a sand box!
That evening my parents showed up with dinner we grilled pork chops, baked some potatoes, with fresh veggies and fruit... it was delicious!...they have been doing so much for us!! Then my brother and his family came over for cake and ice cream and of course opening presents....
Gabe LOVED his train cake... he sat by it for a long time after he woke from his nap but after several "pieces" went missing... we had to distract him and move it out of sight!
Here's a bit about our Gabriel John
He loves
chocolate milk
trains
cars
horses
binkie
blanket
airplanes
play dough
brothers
painting
cooked carrots
riding the four wheeler
hills on his car rug
little einsteins TV show
wrestling
candy
singing
laying on daddy's arm
rock-a-bye
bath time
chickens
family cheer
cleaning
running
cuddling
We love our little guy Gabriel. He has a big personality, he is smart and thoughtful. He keeps us laughing with his crazy ideas and funny phrases. He keeps us smiling because he is spunky, yet sweet. I Don't know what we'd ever do without him and we are so glad that he's ours!
Happy Birthday Gabe!





8 comments:
What a cute precious little two year old. I loved the train cake -- so fun!! And, such cute pictures.
That train cake is really amazing. Good job Em and Karen! Love the pictures.
COOL train cake! Did you do that? I'm SO impressed. Happy Birthday to your gorgeous little Gabe!
Hey Em, are you able to view my blog since I changed the name?
Yet another on of Glen's creations. I just assume that Glen did the cake? He is amazing! I need to hire him to make my kids cakes. He should start a cake business! Gabe is such a sweetie. I can't believe he's already 2, he is seriously the cutest kid ever! I miss his talking so much! Can't wait to see you guys!
I love the train cake!! It is soooo cute, I might have to steal the ideo for Kevin's 3rd birthday next week!
Darling cake!!! He is so handsome that Gabe!
Gabe is so cute Emily! The video of his little voice singing to baby, AWW! I loved it. And I LOOOOVE all the pics of Oliver. He is adorable just like all of your guys. Seems like you are hanging in there and keeping up with the blog. YAY!
Post a Comment