I'm sure that I won't have time to post EVERY week this summer...
but here's what we've been up to so far...
but here's what we've been up to so far...
Last week Evan and Elijah took private swim lessons from a lady who lives nearby. She has an outdoor pool and it was the best lessons that the boys have ever had. It made such a difference to have a seasoned teacher! (not some teenager... like some other places we've taken them) I think that private lessons are the way to go because the one on one time is critical. We've done private lessons before but nothing compared to this teacher. She really focused on teaching the boys to swim using the correct technique, which makes it less tiring and more fun. I was so impressed with her teaching methods and her positive interaction with my boys. It also helped that Evan and Eli have had several lessons in the past and that they LOVE to swim. I have always wished that I were a better swimmer. I know it is such an important skill. Evan and Eli started out being ok swimmers but I feel like now they really
know some important details that were missing that make them so much better at it! They had a great time and especially loved "free time" sliding down the water slide and the package of swedish fish candy they got when the lessons were over!




Like I mentioned in my last post, the weather this month has been crazy!! unusually wet for June! It has rained almost everyday this month... no kidding! and it's that weird weather where it'll be hot and sunny for awhile during some part of the day and then suddenly the rain pours off and on and it's cold... Crazy I'm telling you!
So last week, whenever the sun was out we tried to squeeze in some playtime outside even though it was usually pretty wet!! One afternoon Glen took the boys to the park during his lunch break while I stayed home and took a nap :)
they boys had a "silly string fight,"
we did a little yard work, jumped on the trampoline, roasted smores over a fire in the backyard, and the boys played "night games" with their friends one evening.
When it was raining We went to the "Fun Park" indoor jungle gym to get the wiggles out, we watched movies, went shopping, played "old maid" and "go fish" oh yeah, and we took Gabe to the doctor because we thought he had a broken arm...
He was running and tripped and he landed funny on his arm. He is a pretty tough little guy but with this fall he was inconsolable for quite awhile. For several days he kept complaining about his arm but it looked fine. He would use it sometimes and then other times he would guard it and not use it and cry if we tried to bend his wrist or give it a little squeeze! We kept going back and forth about taking him in because it was hard to tell since his symptoms seems to be off and on... anyway to make a long story short... after three days I finally took him into the doctor's office. When the doctor walked in the room Gabe said "NO, that not da dot-tor, that's a grampa!" the doctor that we usually see was not there so we saw his partner who happens to be an older guy and Gabe just kept telling him he wasn't the doctor, but a grandpa... it was pretty funny. anyway the doctor asked Gabe how he was and Gabe held out his little arm and said "I dot a broten arm... you fix it?" needless to say the doctor got a kick out of him and his big personality! AND.... I am totally rambling on... TIRED...so sorry!!!.... and the outcome of the arm was a buckle fracture. toddlers bones are pretty soft and basically Gabe's bone just munched up a little... supposedly folded up on itself like an accordion. They heal pretty quickly, the doctor wrapped it for added support and told us to try to keep him from falling on it for a few days... yeah right? :) it's hard to make any boy be careful...
Well we did the best we could ... and then Glen got a genius idea for some indoor fun.
a "lifetime" table makes a great slide, and allowed for hours of entertainment...
I guess the arm is ok? :)


I sure love this beautiful boy...

So last week, whenever the sun was out we tried to squeeze in some playtime outside even though it was usually pretty wet!! One afternoon Glen took the boys to the park during his lunch break while I stayed home and took a nap :)
they boys had a "silly string fight,"
When it was raining We went to the "Fun Park" indoor jungle gym to get the wiggles out, we watched movies, went shopping, played "old maid" and "go fish" oh yeah, and we took Gabe to the doctor because we thought he had a broken arm...
I guess the arm is ok? :)







3 comments:
I remember taking swimming lessons with my brothers and sister. Our teacher was so mean. I remember Skyler was so little, I don't think he was 2 yet, she held his head under water one time while he was panicking, kicking, and screaming. Judd and I swam over to her and let her have it, We didn't like that at all. But we all learned to swim, so I guess she did her job anyway. It's so important to know how to swim, because we all love water. Your boys are so darling.
I'm in love with Gabe.
Your family is so beautiful! You and Glen are incredible parents. I love how evident it is that you live for your boys and love every moment with them.
Post a Comment