Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

As we celebrate and honor Father's today my heart is full for all the fathers in my life. First and foremost my dear sweet Dad... oh how I love him! In younger years I often professed the exact opposite of that, although deep down I knew it wasn't true! I love my dad for his tender heart, he is quick to compliment, soft spoken, and patient... He always shows interest and concern in my life and seems to always know just the right thing to say. I am so grateful that he is my dad and that he helped to make me the person that I am today! I am so lucky that I get to see him and talk to him on a regular basis and that he is such a great role model for my boys. Some words that come to mind when I think of my Dad are... steadfast, loving, funny, creative, humble, goofy, smart, prayerful, gentle, reliable, generous and hardworking. I love my Dad!

I am also grateful for my grandpa's... it's crazy to think that as one person you can influence so many for generations to come, that's what both of my grandpa's have done, just by being fathers themselves. I am grateful for my father-in -law who raised such a great son. My brother, many uncles, my cousins, my brother- in laws ... All such great men and fathers! Happy Father's Day!!

The other father who I honor today is my Glen... the father of our children, my best friend and partner. Glen is thee best Dad! he is fun and loving, and affectionate with the boys! He teaches them and plays with them, he teased them, he worries for them, he expects a lot of them, he is proud of them and he supports them in everything they do... he loves them so much! I love it when at the end of the day... once the boys are all tucked in bed, he tells me about some funny thing one of them said to him or he talks about his worries and concerns for them. I am so glad that I have him to share those little details with and that HE cares so much about the details of our boys. I wish my boys knew how lucky they are to have a dad who is so devoted to them... a dad who is the prefect example of a father and husband... now of course he is not perfect, but he is always trying and striving to be the best that he can for all of us! I love you Glen!!

IMG_9387b


Evan and Eli both wrote and illustrated a book for Glen for Father's Day. They worked on these books for a couple of hours and were so excited to give them to him.
I love the little details of their art work, their words and expressions of love pretty much cover why Glen is such a great Dad!

below is Eli's book








Here is Evan's ...








and here is the card that I helped Gabe create...

Happy Father's Day Glen... we are so lucky to have you!!

IMG_9392b

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it! Glen is such a great Dad. He has always been sooooo good with kids. My kids love their Uncle Glen!! That picture is great!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirlene said...

Glen, what a great Dad you are!! We love you much!! What a sweet family you have -- you are so blessed!!