Sunday April 15, 2012 was the day that we blessed our sweet Simon Phillip
My mom made this special white fluffy blanket for the occasion...I LOVE it! He wore the same outfit that Evan and Eli wore on the day that they were blessed. He looked like a dream!
Simon was given a special blessing by his Daddy
and these are all the men who stood in the circle
doesn't he look dashing all in white...like a little angel
The blessing took place in the evening at the Hyde Park City civic center and it included lots of our extended family. After he was blessed we had a little party to celebrate Simon's birth, his life and the love that we have for him.
Simon's grandpa's
This was my first attempt at tissue paper balls... why have I not been making these for every occasion- they were SO easy and such a fun, cheap way to decorate! My mom came over the night before the party and we baked cupcakes. Then Glen decorated them all! Over 100 cupcakes! He is amazing! Oh, and he also made the subway art of Simon's name with all the word details of what we love about him as a tiny... my hubby is the best party assistant ever!!
I set up a little table with a few pictures of all the boys together as well as a picture of each one of them on their own blessing day
It was such a special day. Several times throughout the evening I got choked up as I held my tiny baby and looked around in gratitude of all the support from our families. It was an especially emotional time with the recent loss of Glen's job and we considered canceling this celebration but with the help and encouragement of our families we pulled it off and it was everything I had hoped it would be and was a perfect celebration of love for our Simon. His little life has changed our family, made it better in every way! He is so calm and precious, straight from Heaven and a reminder of everything good.
We love you our sweet little Simon!





2 comments:
SO cute! Simon is such a handsome little guy and You always know how to throw the cutest parties! Everything is perfect! I love the subway art with his name - How did you do that? I would love to do it for Bronson! I hope you are doing Ok and I hope I get to see you at the park this week!
The pictures of Simon are so great!! He does look like a little angel straight from Heaven. That was such a nice day. You do everything "first class!" Love you all!!!
Post a Comment