Thursday, June 7, 2012

Easter Morning

We usually spend the week leading up to Easter doing a countdown where we focus on the life of the Savior.  We talk about and do activities that teach about His resurrection- what Easter is all about!  I had good intentions of keeping up our tradition this year but I just couldn't pull it off with a new baby, the stress of Glen losing his job and Spring break going on...  We had a Family Home Evening lesson about Easter the Monday before the holiday where Glen read a simple book called "my first story of the first Easter." Although it was geared for smaller children it was kind of detailed and Gabe's eyes about popped out of his head as the book explained what happened to Jesus leading up to Easter morning.  We had to skip a few sentences here and there and improvise because Gabe and Ollie both got pretty worried and couldn't figure out why people didn't like Jesus! They had lots of questions to say the least!

 I will admit it was not the same this year without all the traditions but that's ok! We did the best with what we had going on!  Thee Easter Bunny came through again and left trails of jelly beans around the house and spelled out each of the boys names and left a little hint of where he hid their baskets...

Simon's was pretty easy to find :)

Gabe eventually found his



Oliver's basket was hidden behind the couch!

Evan and Elijah didn't get a clue...




but they found their baskets anyway


After the boys found their baskets and looked through their treats they were ready to find all the eggs that the Easter Bunny had hidden around the house...






They got way to much candy as usual and it was gone within days!  We had a special breakfast and then watched and listened to a few talks and mormon messages about Easter on the internet before church. Oh ya, and it was my birthday on Easter Sunday...which doesn't happen very often and is always a bit more special!  My mom invited us over for dinner that evening - it was a perfect day and over the top as usual from my mom!




Ollie doing his best bunny face, wearing cousin Elsie's bunny ears


 and here's baby Simon's bunny look
Kind of cheesy, I know but how could I resist this tiny bunny outfit?... and those bunny booties...oh!



This is one of my favorite pictures of this cute baby of ours... love his adorable hair, his big blue eyes and his blond eyelashes are killer.


I can't get enough of him! He is changing and growing everyday- Even with all the sleepless nights, I really wish I could keep him this little forever!

1 comment:

Shirlene said...

Love all your posts!!! And, love you guys!!