Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Country living at it's finest"

I grew up in the best little town just south of Logan called Millville, this is what the sign said entering our small town "Country living at it's finest" I loved growing up there but I do remember thinking that it was a pretty cheesy saying and as I got older I was little embarrassed about living in the "country" some of my friends would laugh about that slogan and I of course chuckled along with them....its seemed like to me that the kids who lived in the bigger cities were more "cool" I thought they were "rich" and they didn't have the drifting aroma of cow poop! Deep down though, I loved living there and I guess because I grew up in Millville I learned to love the open country, the sound of crickets chirping, irrigation ditches, horses, gardens, and yes even the smells of the country! I was determined that someday I was going to marry a cowboy, live on a ranch in the city and be rich... the best of both worlds in my mind???! Well... that didn't exactly happen... and I'm so glad!! I love my life! Every step that I've taken has made me who I am today and each turn in the road for our little family has put us right HERE where we are today. This new area we are in reminds me so much of my growing up days in Millville and it makes me appreciate all that living there taught me! It is beautiful and we truly feel so lucky to live here!!

"Home sweet home"

We love this house. It is 100% finished so it gives us lots of space. It has just been remodeled... new baseboards, paint, hardwood flooring, new carpet, new vanities, light fixtures etc... it is beautiful!! It has a HUGE yard with big shade trees, a circle driveway, a great patio out back for BBQ's and lots of storage!


These are our neighbors on the South...


These are our neighbors on the North


My boys especially LOVE these neighbors!! the little colt is SO cute!!

This is the view from our back patio door


some of the backyard....



This is the barn out back, where some of the horses stay and my aunt still keeps her chickens here too. Evan and Eli take care of them and Gabe likes to help too. First thing after breakfast he runs to get his "chicken coop shoes" on and can hardly wait to go outside. It is the cutest thing to see Evan and Eli holding his little hands as they all walk up to the barn together... Gabe shouting "ticken ticken"

more views of the house...


We do have "people neighbors" on one side next to the horses and across the street too... just so you don't think we're out in the middle of nowhere :) It is such a quaint little street! I love the privacy and the view! It is the perfect house for little boys, lots of land to explore, and a bit of farm life too... a dream come true!! I think that we are going to be very happy here!! I will take pictures of the inside of the house and post them soon! We are about 98% unpacked and getting more settled everyday! We would love visitors ANYTIME, please come see us!! I will take pictures inside now that we are settled and post them soon!

8 comments:

Becca and Kent said...

Mmm. I miss that valley!! Thanks for the posts!

Shirlene said...

Such a beautiful area you live in! Your house looks so nice too. You are so blessed! Love to all.

Sunny Jo said...

I LOVE your Country Home!! It's just SO perfect!! I'm SO glad that it worked out for us to come and see y'all!!
I really enjoyed reading all your posts!! I knew that you couldn't be short and simple!! You just have the talent to write!! I feel much better now that I got a little "Em-Time" in!! :)
Love you girl...

Jennie said...

how fun! your new home is beautiful! and how fun that you are barbi are in the same ward again!

Katie Jane said...

SO CUTE!! So when are you inviting me over to visit? No doctors visits this time...or random bursting into tears!!

David said...

Em are you kidding me??? I LOVE your house! I wish there was one where some of those horses are - I would buy it in a minute!!! As soon as life is normal again (does that ever happen???) we are taking a Logan trip to the Huber farm/ranch/countryside/partyland! xoxo Em

Heather said...

Your house is so picture perfect! Love the updates! Your boys are handsome as ever, Gabe is getting BiG! I would love to come visit, It looks so wonderful, I always wished I lived in Mayberry! Lehi is as close as I think I will get...sad!

byebyedays said...

I LOVE YOUR HOUSE, it's SO CUTE! I would love to see it!