We love the Cache valley cruise in! I was going to do some research and give you all the statistics on the cruise in, because it's a pretty big deal, but I didn't have time so your just going to have to trust me that this is one of thee biggest car shows in the West and it is SO much fun to see! People come from all over and bring their antique, souped up cars for a week full of fun here in Cache valley... they have contests and races and parties... you can always tell when these car lovers are in town!!
The highlight and end to the festivities is the parade down main street where everyone gets to show off their cars, trucks, motorcycles etc... When I was in high school the highlight for me and my friends was after the cruise in parade when everyone else gets to join in to "drag main." It was the best place to meet cute boys, and the police officers were more lax and let everyone hang out the windows and ride in the back of trucks with music blaring... It was so fun!! We jumped in and out of other people's cars and especially loved it when we would meet boys who had bullet bikes and would take us for a ride!!!... I can't believe we did that, I'm pretty sure my mom didn't know??... Anyway back to the cruise in this year... The boys loved seeing all the cars and choosing favorites! It was lots of fun and just in case your wondering...we didn't stick around to "drag main" this year :)
The highlight and end to the festivities is the parade down main street where everyone gets to show off their cars, trucks, motorcycles etc... When I was in high school the highlight for me and my friends was after the cruise in parade when everyone else gets to join in to "drag main." It was the best place to meet cute boys, and the police officers were more lax and let everyone hang out the windows and ride in the back of trucks with music blaring... It was so fun!! We jumped in and out of other people's cars and especially loved it when we would meet boys who had bullet bikes and would take us for a ride!!!... I can't believe we did that, I'm pretty sure my mom didn't know??... Anyway back to the cruise in this year... The boys loved seeing all the cars and choosing favorites! It was lots of fun and just in case your wondering...we didn't stick around to "drag main" this year :)
I think it would be fun to know the names, makes and modles of cars... I do love cars!! I thought this one was so cute, it's hard to tell in the picture, but it was really small... reminded me of a matchbox car!! I can see myself zipping around town in this baby!!
the Delorian... Back to the Future!!
I love old trucks...orange, so fun!! and check out those rims...
It reminds me of the banana mobile in Richard Scarry's children's books...
Has anyone seen the 2009 Mustang... to die for!! I want Glen to buy me one...
fully loaded in mustard yellow!
fully loaded in mustard yellow!





9 comments:
I am so jealous!, I love the cruise in and I was sad I didn't make it this year. Are you getting settled? Loved the pics of your house.
HEy we miss the cruisin sooooo much!!! We used to go every year when we lived closer! Tim will be sooo jealous!!!
I came upon your blog from another blog and another...I hope you don't mind me reading about your family. I love the fun things that you do as a family and the cute ways that you decorate. Your boys are cute and Gabe is so loveable. Anyway I just started a blog and it is private but if you'll e-mail me I'll invite you to my blog since I have been reading about you. My e-mail is coldav1@msn.com.
Hey EM! Nice to have you back in Cache Valley-- although we'd never know it because we NEVER SEE YOU!!! Anyway, looks like you guys have been having a great summer, we miss you! We should go see Batman together. Don't go see it without us.
Thanks so much for all the pictures! It's so fun to see all those great things about summertime at home! These posts kinda make me feel like I'm there again. :D
I LOVE the Cruise In!!! We need to start coming up to it every year, and spend time with the the Hubers!!:)
I bet ur boys went crazy!!:)
Looks so fun! We loved going to the car show when we were in Logan. Hope you are getting all settled.
I miss u guys!! I'm SO sad that weren't able to stop in on our way home!!:( I hope to come up and visit soon though!! We LOVE you!!
Wish we would have run into you while we were in Cache Valley. It looks as though you guys have gotten somewhat settled back in beautiful Cache Valley. It really is such a great place, and those people from the "city" are just so full of themselves (ha, ha, Glen)! Valley girls rule!!! :)
Jen
Post a Comment