Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Waaaaaaay Overdue!!!

I am alive and have been meaning to post for a long time. We moved out and then had to move in, we left for a week long family reunion, had house guests, computer internet issues (for a week !!!! (which erased a few of my post drafts... so frustrating...it's already hard too think about all there is to write and then when it is gone in a poof... aaaaargh!!!....) a holiday, The Host ( a book by Stephenie Meyer... that I could not put down) and just lots of summer fun!!! so THERE... those are my excuses for no update in awhile, but here I am, back and I know, way overdue!! I'm sure everyone has just been on pins and needles waiting .... right?? hee hee! I glanced at my blog yesterday and noticed that my last post ( which was more than a month ago!!!) had 13 comments instead of the 12 that it has been stuck at for so long... thanks for the push Sunny Jo.... So Here goes... I am going to keep things short and simple so that I can catch up on ALL that we've been up to but I first have to take a look back at what my heart is missing....

Traverse Mountain Area in Lehi and our house there

Front room

front entrance and great room





entrance from garage into mud room. (Laundry and half bath just off of the mud room)

upstairs hallway... 4 bedrooms upstairs and alcove office
Gabe's nursery


Evan and Eli's room



here are just a few pictures for some of our extended family and friends who we were not able to come and see us in Lehi!! I don't have pictures shown of the master bedroom, the guest bedroom or the buzz lightyear toy room in the basement. We miss this house a lot and truly loved it with it's wrap around extended driveway for basketball games, the hot tub, the swing set, the sand box, the beautiful views of Utah lake and the sparkling lights of the city... We feel so lucky to have landed there in that house on that street, with those neighbors... it all worked out that way for a reason, even if it was for just a short time, we made memories and friends that will last forever and will always hold them dear in our hearts!!

This is Sunny Jo... my cute "first friend" in Lehi!! She and the other girls on my street (Christy and Kim) welcomed us like family. I had immediate friends from day one, not to mention dinners and doctor lists, and directions to stores.... they were incredible!! The first time I met Sunny I knew I wanted to be friends with her!! She had on this funky hat and was so cute! Her
name just describes her perfectly!! She brightens up every situation (cheesy I know, but so true!) I had no idea that I'd click with her so fast and that she would mean so much to me... She seriously saved me!! Sunny invited me everywhere that she went and was so fun to be with!! She is so thoughtful and generous, she is such a loving mom and person. I have never met anyone like her! She's one of those people that everyone loves and she's good at making others feel important! When I found out that we were moving I told Glen that I want to be the Sunny in our new neighborhood!! that's a lot to live up too...She's amazing!! we bonded during late night shopping trips to Walmart, Target runs, talking, molten lava cake at Chili's, lots of phone calls, working together in Relief Society, smores, summer evening hang outs etc.... I love this girl and miss you so much Sunny!!!

I wish I had time to write about each one of my friends in Lehi... I could go on and on about each one of them and list lots of little details that make them so wonderful to me!! I have never known such a big group of "everyone's invited friends" Each one of these girls has changed me for the better in some little way... and some big ways too!! I've learned to make the most of the situation your in, you never know how long you'll be there... I am so glad that I was the enrichment leader. It made me jump in and love these girls and I'm so glad that I didn't hold back... to think of all that I would have missed out on during that year in Lehi if things would have been different!!!! it's crazy!! I am so grateful to these girls who accepted me and made jumping in a lot easier!! Oh, how I miss my friends!!! xoxo

girls only DDR, pajama party at Corrine's

Just before we moved some friends planned a dinner out/farewell party at PF Changs!! I had never eaten there and I loved it... so delicious!!! It was really fun but a little bitter sweet! I didn't want the evening to end because it made the fact that I was moving in a few days REAL!! They all gave me a basket full of things from Lehi so that I would remember my days there, as if I could ever forget!!



This is my Em..I didn't have near enough time with her!! I met Emily in December through our callings in Relief Society. she was called as the counselor over me, and I loved her before I even got to know her... she's just like that! Emily is one of the most talented, classy, funny, giving, loving girls I know!! My favorite thing about Em is that she puts people at ease. She saw me at my worst (a lot!) and I knew it didn't matter to her, she liked me anyway! We could just be ourselves and it was so easy to be her friend. Did I mention she's funny... we laughed a lot (and cried a little too) shared life stories, mom moments, yummy food (she's a great cook!) work outs, shopping, and I LOVE her kids she is a great mom and just seriously a one-of-a-kind life long friend... My long lost sister!! see.... I really could go on and on... and I am.... so I gotta stop cuz I'm making myself cry... anyway I am so thankful for friends like these...


so much for short and simple?? :)

7 comments:

Shirlene said...

How neat for you to have such neat friends. I'm so glad you loved your time in Lehi. We will miss having you that close where we could get together sometimes. Have fun being the "Sunny" in your new area. Love you guys lots!!

Jennie said...

what a great tribute to your friends! i love it!

Heather said...

yAy! I am so glad you are back! When Sunny told me she came to visit you, I was so jealous! I miss you, things are so not the same without you...Glad you are doing well!

Sunny Jo said...

Aww.....Ur so sweet!! Reading That made me get all Teary eyed...Gee Thanks!!! Our street is not the same without you guys!! WE MISS YOU!! :)

David said...

I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!!! Thank you for the super super nice post. You, my friend, are all of those things times one million. Em Huber = all-star (Max quoted that yesterday - he misses you like crazy, too!) I love you to bits. xoxo to infinity

David said...

p.s. does it creep you out that some man named "david" is leaving comments on your blog? maybe i should get a new account... xoxo (did i mention I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY???????)

byebyedays said...

You did a great job decorating...LOVE IT!