Monday, July 21, 2008

A Little Too Friendly...

At the mouth of Logan canyon there is a great park called First dam. It is just that, a dam surrounded by a grassy lawn with a dock for fishing where lots of people also picnic, play sand volleyball, cliff dive, swim, etc... Well it is also a well known spot to feed ducks. The problem is that because lots of people go there the ducks (and geese) are used to humans and have come to expect us to give them our food!!!! They are pretty aggressive and I for one had to keep reminding myself that the ducks are smaller than me and I could probably kick them or something if I couldn't out run them when the bread was gone!!


I am not exaggerating!!!
We went with my brother Steve and his family after stopping for an Aggie Ice Cream cone on campus. My brother also has three boys so it is always a little crazy when we all get together!! Gabe loved seeing the ducks and has a pretty good throwing arm according to Glen, who was quick to notice!! The older boys had several contests (It's a boy thing I've learned) and Eli was determined to catch a duck, it was pretty entertaining... he is the bravest kid I know and I think because of his efforts, the ducks were too pooped to chase us in the end once the bread was gone!!











No comments: