While moving and packing Gabe became obsessed with boxes and bubble wrap and unpacking whatever he could get his hands on!! He liked the small boxes and bins the best! he insisted on climbing in and out over and over!! This one was just right because he could raise his leg up and over all alone, without holding my hand! I loved it too because then I could get some packing done before he moved on to the next thing!!
This is the only picture I got of Gabe's unpacking skills.... and I know it might look mild but it was one of those where I had to take a breather because it wasn't the first that morning and I had just gone through all the markers and pens and crayons and separated them. I put them into baggies, all nice and safe... I was so proud of my organizing skills! I turned my back and I do not know how?? but he grabbed all four bags and unlocked the zip and had them all over the kitchen floor in minutes... all I could do was take a deep breath, a picture, and hope they would entertain him for awhile!! I decided against organizing them again and just scooped them up into a bag all mixed together!!!
This was our neighbor... Evan's best friend and one on one basketball buddie too!! I loved to hear them talking from my kitchen window.
Evan was the Aggies and he was BYU when we first moved in but after awhile one would be BYU and the other the cougars (which is BYU's mascot!) his love for BYU rubbed off on Evan and Evan soon had a new favorite team! They were instant friends and what a great kid to be friends with... we love him and his family and feel so blessed to have landed right next to them!! Their influence, love and friendship will always be cherished!! It was so hard for the boys to say goodbye to all of their friends!!
Evan was the Aggies and he was BYU when we first moved in but after awhile one would be BYU and the other the cougars (which is BYU's mascot!) his love for BYU rubbed off on Evan and Evan soon had a new favorite team! They were instant friends and what a great kid to be friends with... we love him and his family and feel so blessed to have landed right next to them!! Their influence, love and friendship will always be cherished!! It was so hard for the boys to say goodbye to all of their friends!!

having a picnic... with friends! I let them eat the last of the food in the pantry so that I didn't have to pack it!!
all, except for the noodles!!:)
all, except for the noodles!!:)
Eli loved our neighbors dog Hercules and he loved the neighborhood girls too... maybe a little too much sometimes:)
Evan's buddies from school
The hardest part is saying goodbye to friends who mean so much. The good thing is... we know that because they mean so much we will always be friends! We will keep in touch and it's not really goodbye... just see you later...





5 comments:
What cute kids! Gabe is darling and so smart. It sounds like he can figure things out pretty quickly. Fun memories!!
how sweet... it is hard to leave friends behind... no matter what age you are!
We MISS you guys so much!!!! I hate driving past your old house and knowing you are not there :( But I understand the moving stuff, it's just gotta be done. so glad we coinsided with both of our stop over in Lehi! Glad to see you blogging again! YEAH
Thanks so much for the house pictures! I've always been dying to see your house, because the glimpses I've gotten from other pictures looked so adorable! And I was right! Your decoration skills are awesome, and it's thanks to your skills that I even own any house decorations at all. :D That was a perfect bridal shower gift idea.
Anyway, moving can be so hard, but I know you are going to be happy where you are now, too. It's weird, though, to think of Mike and Tammy's house being yours now. :D I can't wait to see what it looks like now that they've remodeled it all!
Yeah!! Your back!!! I've missed U!!! That was such a sad day when I saw the moving truck in your Driveway!! Preston and Sophie have been SO BORED ever since you left!! They miss ur boys SO much!!!!:)
Post a Comment