Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Proud to be an American!!!


I LOVE fireworks!!! I must admit to being a bit fascinated with fire! Fireworks are just so big and loud and exciting and they are a mystery to me...I can't figure out how they get all that color and explosion into a tiny little package and then make it explode into shapes and look just right?? I should do some research maybe?
Anyway Logan City puts on a great firework show!! the company that makes the fireworks is called Fireworks West and it is located here in Logan!! I think because this is home for them that they probably do some extra special fireworks and maybe throw in a few extras... don't you think?! :) They do this patriotic show and celebration at the Utah State University stadium every year. We haven't actually been inside the stadium for the show since Evan was little... it's usually pretty HOT sitting there waiting for the fireworks to start and can be a bit loooooong for kids! We keep thinking about trying it out one of these years, but knew for sure that this year Gabe would never last...

Our precious little boys...

We grabbed some costa vida salads for dinner (my favorite!!) and sat on the lawn in our usual place by the space dynamics lab. We met most of mom's family there and it was fun for the kids to just run around and play together!

Gabe is obsessed with my dad... He has had a special love for "bapa" since he was just little and it just keeps growing stronger!! I think that Gabe likes him more than me, his own mother??!! He gets so excited when he sees Grandpa!! I love to see him point his little finger at my dad and in his highest, most excited voice he yells "bapa" bapa" he can't get out of my arms fast enough and then he runs towards "bapa" with outstretched arms! I think this love might have something to do with the fact that grandpa loves him right back and he plays with him and walks around for hours just talking with Gabe and showing him the world. Gabe has grandpa wrapped around his finger and I know my dad wouldn't have it any other way!!

speaking of obsessions... Gabe loves to sit in chairs. He's like Goldilocks and tries out all the chairs until her finds the one that is "just right." This night it was his cousin Mathew's chair that he picked and there was no moving him once he settled in...

Unless there's a chance for some popcorn that is.... He traded chairs for just a minute hoping that Lachlan would share her's... In this picture Gabe is signing please. It's technically just one hand rubbed in a circle on the chest. But when he really wants something bad he gets both hands going... and with big puppy dog eyes and longing in his voice he says "peas" "peas"

And if that doesn't work he does this.... :)

nothing better than cousins, treats, fireworks and glow sticks!!!

Ready for the show to start....

Eli, Mathew and Evan
We are so blessed to live here in America!! I am so very grateful for our freedoms and luxuries and for all those who have sacrificed so much, even their lives, to preserve them for us!! I feel chills and get a lump in my throat everytime that I hear the national anthem or put my hand over my heart to show respect and love for our flag. I am proud to be an American and I hope that none of us take for granted what a blessing that is...

No comments: