Hmmmm... definitely not every single day of the past 12 years have been "blissful." We've had our ups and downs, as I assume most marriages do. But overall I am married to my best friend! I am truly the luckiest girl around to have a husband who loves me unconditionally. Who is so patient, thoughtful, kind, funny, smart, giving, hardworking, positive and oh, so handsome!! (just to name a few) He always encourages me and keeps our life pointed in the right direction. My happiness is the most important thing to him, he truly treats me like a queen... EVERYDAY! He is my rock, my everything... I completely adore him. I fell in love with Glen 14 years ago. I've loved him everyday since then...and I will love him forever!

pretty much Glen's whole life revolves around me, and I don't mean that in a conceited way... he is just an amazing husband!! After me, comes the boys then lots of other stuff... career, many responsibilities etc...and to be totally honest I'm not sure he ever even thinks about himself... seriously! I do big things here and there to show him how I love him... but he is the one who is really good at showing and telling love in the little small things everyday... you know, the really important way!! I think I've mentioned that I am a bit cranky lately and VERY needy and maybe even a bit down in the dumps (that's all??? gheesh the poor guy) and he has been my constant. Truly my best friend and oh so loving and patient. So you'd think with the big anniversary coming up that I would have planned something... after all I am pretty good at the big things :) but NO, this year for our anniversary I did NOTHING for Glen... it's not like I forgot and I did really want to make a big deal over him... heaven knows he deserves to feel the love but I completely dropped the ball, not sure I've ever done that, actually I know that I've never done that on a special occasion... and believe me, if the roles would have been reversed and he dropped the ball, he'd NEVER hear the end of it! (can you believe he even likes me?) but because he is the world's greatest husband, he is totally fine with my slacking this year and of course didn't even show a flicker of disappointment. He was just excited all day about the special things that he had planned for ...once again.... ME, of course!!!.... have I mentioned that he is an amazing husband... because you should know.... He IS!! I knew he had arranged for a babysitter and that we were going to go out to dinner... "perfect" I thought. Sadly enough it has been awhile since we've been on a date so I was really looking forward to it just being the two of us! Last night I told Glen that I hadn't done anything special for the big day and he reassured me that dinner out and being together was ALL we needed anda great way to honor and celebrate our 12 years... etc....
but he had some other things up his sleeve too...
Here are a few specials that he did for me on this our 12 year anniversary...
Glen always picks the perfect cards for every occasion!
Glen always picks the perfect cards for every occasion!
Glen gave me a clue as to where I could find one of my favorite treats that he had hidden... chocolate covered cinnamon bears and they are not the cheap chocolate Albertson's version. They came straight from the famous local chocolate shoppe... Alvey's... YUM!
Happy Anniversary!
I love love love YOU forever my Glen-o!!





4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We just had our 10 years of BLISS last month.:) My Jon is just like that with me, WE ARE SO VERY LUCKY! I love to see you so happy, you are such a sweetie pie! Now GET OUT AND CELEBRATE! (to bad the weather's not cooperating)
Here's to another 120 years of wedded bliss! Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds!! And Em, can you have Glen give Richie a call....our anniversary is coming up in about six months, maybe if he starts planning now he can pull out all the stops.... love ya!
What a cute hubby you have!! I love the idea of a ring "face lift." I've regretted my gold ring more than once... maybe I'll get it white gold for mother's day... :)
Wow...12 years!! That is so awesome!!
Glen is SO sweet... seriously he is such a thoughtful guy!! And I LOVE the Coppermill- SO yummy!!
Congrats u guys!!
Post a Comment