When I had my cousins over for a little Valentine lunch last month I made a new recipe for a cake that I found through my friend Jynjr's blog... I think? Anyway the cake just sounded good so I decided to try making it. I know that it can be a bad idea to make a first time recipe when guests are involved but hey, I figured even if it was disgusting... my cousins would still have to love me, right? what better guests to try it out on! :) Well if I do say so myself.... and I do...It was fabulous!! moist pink cake, sweet yet tart... and creamy too... YUM! Take my word for it, your gonna love it but watch out because one piece is not enough!!
(especially when your eating for two! ;)
Here is the recipe, dedicated to Toni who is relentless... sheesh, girl here it is!! :) (J/K)
Raspberry Cake
(especially when your eating for two! ;)
Here is the recipe, dedicated to Toni who is relentless... sheesh, girl here it is!! :) (J/K)
Raspberry Cake1 pkg white cake mix
1 pkg (3oz.) raspberry gelatin
1 pkg. (10oz.) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed, undrained
4 eggs
1/2 C. oil
1/4 c. hot water
1 pkg (3oz.) raspberry gelatin
1 pkg. (10oz.) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed, undrained
4 eggs
1/2 C. oil
1/4 c. hot water
combine cake mix and gelatin in lg bowl. Add raspberries with juice, eggs, oil and water. Beat until well blended. pour into greased 13x9 pan. Bake 350 for 35-40 min. Cool.
Frosting
1 carton 12 oz. Cool Whip thawed
1 pkg. (10oz.) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed, and undrained.
Fold raspberries into cool whip. Spread over cake. put in fridge for 2 hours before serving.
1 carton 12 oz. Cool Whip thawed
1 pkg. (10oz.) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed, and undrained.
Fold raspberries into cool whip. Spread over cake. put in fridge for 2 hours before serving.





7 comments:
I seriously am drooling just reading the recipe, I can't wait to make it. Thank you SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much!!!
I actually asked Toni about this recipe the other day and she said you were posting on your blog so I have been in serious anticipation!! You are such a cute preggie lady!! Thanks for your sweet comment. It made me feel a lot better about today for sure...I just love my cute cousins!
Yummm!! That looks Delicious!! Cant wait to try it!!
I have been fantasizing about that raspberry goodness! I can't wait to make it....I just wish we could eat it together!
Oh boy--that cake looks amazing! I think my mom and I are going to have to try to make it this weekend. I'm craving it--and that means I've GOT to have it! :D
Yeah, that was Aunt Mel's recipe. She is quite the cook! It's SO delicious! Glad to see it passed on, I'm sure she is too.:)
I lost that whole post when I switched my template... I have no idea what happened! Makes me MAD!
Post a Comment