
When we were little my mom had a set of mini tupperware dishes that we loved to use for tea parties and picnics and pretty much ALL meals for that matter... There is something so fun about mini things... I love them... everything is just cuter mini. (except pregnant girls, they are always cuter LARGE, right?) Anyway before these tupperware sets sold out my mom bought me one of my own. My kids love it! One afternoon (still in jammies... :) we don't get dressed around here until 4 PM) Gabe pulled out the mini dishes and wanted some "appa sauce" He loves using the cups and I actually hide the mini set now because if he sees the cups he wants his drinks out of them all day instead of his regular sippie. And this is how that goes... he says "drink o' wadda mommy." I fill the thing, hand it to him and just as I get turned around he's swallowed it down and saying "drink o wadda mommy?" I can spend half a day just filling up his cup over and over, bless his heart :) Now where was I? oh yeah, he found the mini dishes, and wanted a snack. something about mini dishes means mini everything... he didn't want to sit at the small kid size table NO not small enough.... he dragged in this stool to use as his mini table for his mini dishes

After lots of refills :) we cleaned up the snack and it was time for an activity. coloring. perfect. He usually stays occupied for at least 5 minutes doing that. Maybe I could get to the dishes? He wanted to use the mini table again so I got him all set up. He colored while I washed the dishes. I looked over at him a few times and he was scribbling away. My mind wandered as I busily loaded the dishwasher to who knows where and when I looked up to check ... He was gone.

I called his name... silence. So I walked over toward the mini coloring table and saw him out of the corner of my eye pressed up against the side of the kitchen island. In his hand was a crayon and on his face was guilt... and then I saw why. I didn't have time to say anything, my eyes said it all... and he knew it. "uh-oh mommy?" he said hesitantly and oh so sweetly and I just melted thinking in the back of my mind "thank heaven for Mr. clean magic erasers" He saw the change in my eyes immediatley and said cheerfully "good boy Gabe!" and he proceded to point to his art work all over the wall. I reminded him that we only color on paper and that we were going to have to clean it up. He insisted on helping (I promise)

how could anyone get mad at something so innocent even if magic erasers were never invented and the island still had his scribbles all over it, I couldn't be mad at HIM. He's too cute! Last night Evan and Eli were being stinkers about our bedtime routine and Gabe was watching with interest as they were getting in trouble. Glen turned to him and said "your not going to be like that when you get big... are you!" Gabe ducked his head and snickered with a twinkle in his eye as if to say "you just wait and see."
4 comments:
How cute!! It would be hard to get mad and such a cute little guy!! Those erasers for crayons are great. They didn't have those when we had little kids.
I'm learning with Brooke, and Klint's babies to PLAN for these things! It's going to be a BIG challenge for me, 10 years is just TO LONG having it our way, without little ones making messes... I'm SO EXCITED FOR IT THOUGH! Life is just to short to not experience the greatest journey we will ever make... PARENTING!:)
That sweet boy is never going to get in any trouble....all he has to do is look at you with those big puppy dog eyes and you are done for! Thank heaven for magic erasers!
Your boys are getting so BIG! Gabe is adorable and I can't believe how much he talks! SO CUTE! I loved reading all your posts... it's so fun to catch up via blogging! But, let catch up in person somtime. I've called you but it seems you have famiy in town a lot, you're making cute valentines blocks... redoing your basement... putting all of us run-of-the-mill moms to shame... :) I can't keep up with all the cute things you do for your boys! But, despite the fact that you are just so dang cute and I'll never be you... I'd still LOVE a playdate!
Post a Comment