Friday, March 20, 2009

Outstanding!!

Are you sick of hearing about how smart my kids are? If so, well then just look away right now... because this is another one of THOSE posts... Now I know that every parent thinks that their kids are the cutest and smartest and I also know it can get old to always hear about how perfect other people think their kids are... blah blah blah... personally, I love to hear horror stories and naughty stories... they are much more believable because, well I'm a mom and I have a stack of those kinds of stories too. It's just that most people try to focus on the good and share those things about their kids with other people, right? But lets get real... the ooey gooey, my kids are perfect stories ALL THE TIME make you want to roll your eyes just a little, don't they??? (please tell me it is not just me) you know the kind .... always talking about the cute wonderful things their toddler says in his daily prayers, or how their kids are the best on the team and how they reached all their goals at parent teacher conference, or how perfectly they carry out their FHE assignment EVERY Monday, have all the articles of faith memorized at four years old and can speak spanish and read at 13 months etc.... I've been there, heard that and must admit I've had to hold myself back from a giant roll of my eyes a few times about the ooey gooey. But as I read back over MY posts.... I realize that I am guilty and am totally one of those ooey gooey, my kids are perfect kind of mom's... I just hope your all better than me (which is very likely, and not too hard to do either) and don't roll your eyes too much when you read my ooey gooey blog.... I am just a mom... in love with my boys! I think that by recording it and writing the love down it only helps to make it stronger... and on bad days it's nice to have some " good reminders" oh and I promise no more eye ball rolling... give me a break, I am pregnant you know? :)

So here it is.... another "my kids are so smart" story and this time I have proof.... :)

Glen went with Evan to his Parent teacher conference a couple of weeks ago while I stayed home with the other boys. When they got home they showed me all of his reports and grades and there was not any core score or test under 96% not to mention that his reading and comprehension is at a six grade level! Then Evan who was completely beaming pulled out the above certificate. He received it for being in the top 10% in the nation among third graders in reading, math, social studies, total composite, language, core total and Science!!! WOW! At first I thought that all of those areas were listed because that's what they were overall tested on, but Glen explained that the majority of the kids who received this award had only one area where they were in the top 10% and Evan was the top in seven subjects!! So... pretty big deal! I know he's only in third grade, but they say that third grade is a critical year where students really start dividing and those who are ahead academically at this point tend to continue that trend into college! We are so proud of Evan and so glad that he truly loves learning. He is very driven and a stickler for rules... he is a good boy and the thing his teacher said that she loves about Evan is that he is so well rounded... he reads, he plays sports, he is currently taking a ballroom dance class, he thinks about other people and is good at making friends. He is a leader among his peers!!! I think that's a pretty great compliment to Evan! I wish I could take the credit for what an outstanding kid he is but seriously he just came this way...

Now if we could just get him to eat his vegetables...

4 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

What a smart boy! Just great---it's a good thing we don't live close so we don't have to keep up with the Huber boys! Just kidding! I think that is so awesome, of course his smarts came from you--and his Dad of course! Way to go Evan!!!

Brian Owens said...

Wahoo, Evan! That is awesome! He must have some pretty great parents too! :)

Shirlene said...

That is terrific!! Evan, we are so proud of you for doing such a great job in doing your best in everything!! Keep that up and you will go far!! Love you!!!

Toni said...

You better look out, your little man is so amazing! You have every right to be a proud mom and boast about him. You get to take some of the credit right?