This new thing started a few years back where everyone takes pictures of their pregnantness and then I guess... frames them in their house or something?? Well I wish I would have documented myself pregnant 9-7 years ago when I was pregnant with Evan or Eli... I was young, feeling good and had a cute "baby bump" (sigh) But no one really took pictures of their bellies back then... at least that I knew of. Probably because everyone looked the same, wearing big tent shapeless maternity shirts or better yet, wearing your husbands XL shirt was sort of in (I know that totally dates me... scary) so it was hard to really tell what size you were or how far along you might have been. Well now everyone wears tight little shirts over their cute little bellies and I like it... I just wished I had a cute little belly and looked better in them than I do :) I had trouble getting pregnant before Gabe (hence the 5 1/2 year gap between he and Eli) and... food was my comfort? (stole that line from Oprah, and it just sounds good!) I got chunky and then finally pregnant... I think the only picture taken of me prego with Gabe was the day of delivery in a hospital gown laying in bed, and you guessed it... not too cute!! After having Gabe I didn't lose enough of my baby weight yada yada and with another pregnancy on top of that.... I am pretty much avoiding camera's and people from here on out because heaven knows it's only downhill from here! So this is some documentation for.... I guess my grandchildren who I'm sure will be very interested to know what I looked like pregnant??? Here I am ... doing some ridiculous, embarrassing pose with 10 weeks to go! feel free to comment about how tiny my tummy is and how great I look oh and be sure to mention how slim my face still is etc... even though I probably won't believe you!:)
25% Off. Don’t Pay Full Price.
1 week ago





12 comments:
Uhhh, you REALLY DO look pretty darn good girl! It's a slap in the face to those like me and have no baby/babies to show for it either... I just got fat soon after I married for some crapy reason!:( You look like one of those cute girls with ONLY the cute pregnant belly, no extra any where else... LUCKY!
You look so cute!! And again, I think you ought to write a book!! You are such a great writer!!
I have always thought that you were so cute and stylish! You look awesome to me!
You are such a cute prego lady! Ten weeks, hooray! KT is hopefully being induced tomorrow (you probably hate me for saying that right?) Now, I know you probably feel as if I am nagging you, but I have an enrichment this Thurs and I really, really, really, really want to make that yummy cake, will you do a cake recipe post?
Emily, you are beautiful. And what makes you more beautiful is all you are willing to sacrifice to have these little boys be a part of your family. And they love you unconditionally--isn't that wonderful?! You really do look great, although I know it is hard for you to see that. It is so hard for us to see what others see, but believe me, you ARE gorgeous! And the very best kind of gorgeous, the kind that starts inside and just keeps going.
Em - you look super cute! I only can dream about looking as good as you!! You are my stylish sister-in-law and I love ya. I can't believe only 10 weeks left - I guess that means I am like 14-15 left! Crazy. Where did you get your cute jeans? I can't find any cute maternity jeans and am wearing my same ones from Sam (over 4 years old and not very cute).
gheesh... what nice comments, even if I don't believe it... you all still warmed my heart and boosted my cranky pregnant soul for at least a day or two... for the record, I WAS one of those girls who LOVED being pregnant, because I have easy pregnancies (and easy deliveries) until this one... it's been hard... lots of change with a new move, I started out weighing too much and I know that has made it harder on my body, my emotions have been wack-o seriously!!... but I REALLY do feel so lucky and blessed and I know that even if pregnancy meant gaining 100, pounds, laying in bed for months, and my body was completely ruined, I'd do it anyway, as would the rest of you!! Babies and families are just the best!! and seriously thanks for making my week!!
Carrie... the jeans are serfontane brand, I LOVE them! however I did not buy them because, well they are well above my meager budget, my sweet (rich) sister Sara :) got them for me at some cute prego store in Salt Lake and I know they have them online, as well. If you were just starting out your pregnancy and they were going to get a lot of use, I would seriously consider buying some expensive, flattering jeans... I can't believe the difference!! but a cheaper alternative is motherhood... secret fit jeans... they are cute and have the best belly suck-er-inner and they are about 60$. Worth it for sure even though you only have 15 weeks left... I am a big believer that pregnancy is hard enough, girls should splurge a bit if it means feeling cuter!! so... go out and buy yourself some jeans :) xoxo
You look Marvelous!!!!! I think sometimes we are our own worst enemy. I know that I am. But you truly look beautiful. Thanks for being willing to share because you look great. Love you tons, Becky
Girl! You are WaY To HaRd on yourself. You look soo cute, you always do. You have the best style, no matter if you are pregnant or not. I remember the first time I saw you across the relief society room, I thought, who is that girl?! She has the cutest look, and BaBY BlAnkET! I still love the polka dot yummy blanket that you had for Gabe. hang in there. Cant wait to meet this little guy...does he have a name??
Oh Em...U look SO cute!!! Seriously...u should see me right now!! That is why u don't see any pics of me either!!
LOVE ur cute outfit...NEED those jeans!! I am still trying to make my body fit into regular jeans, but its getting tough!! I bought the Bella Bands(that go over ur jeans to keep them up, so u dont have to button them), and they are Awesome!!
I miss u so much girl!! We really need to see each other!!
My secret smoldering crush on you just burst into flames. Don't tell Glen. :)
You look terrific! Congratulations on your expanding family—what's with all the testosterone?
You look adorable. wow and you only have 10 more weeks. You really do look awesome!! (and believe it ) : )
Post a Comment