Thursday, December 10, 2009

Halloween fun... a bit late

Halloween is not just one day anymore. the past few years there are more and more festivities added and Halloween seems to last for weeks. That's fine by me though because it is one of my favorite holidays and at least that gives me a little reason to feel like I get my money's worth out of the costumes... buying costumes for six of us... it's outrageous! I should sew them... but that still costs a lot, is too much work ... oh the fact that I am not very good at sewing sort of puts a damper on that idea...so then I should probably shop at second hand stores right?... but guess what? I don't really shop anymore... seriously, can you believe that? It's very, very sad! because I DO L.O.V.E to go shopping... I just find it very difficult in my current "season" anyway.... what this has to do with Halloween I have no idea... o yes, the costumes. back to that. I have not had to buy Halloween costumes for the last two years ... but it couldn't be avoided this year. We took the boys to Halloween U.S.A. and they chose to be skeletons, after a little persuasion from me... I had skeleton suits on the way for Gabe and Oliver thanks to my sister Sara who found the last ones in the world at her local Gap in California (seriously!) I was thinking it would be pretty cute to have FOUR little skeletons running around...

Then we decide the whole family could be skeletons... I do love the whole matchy matchy theme thing when it comes to costumes and so Glen and I bought the "one size fits most" adult skeleton suits and we all went home to try them out... That's when things became interesting... ONE SIZE FITS MOST? well... not really. They were ill fitting... tight legs and arms, big torso and a huge neck....and hello- spandex! We got the giggles just trying to get them to work and quickly decided that the whole family as skeletons idea was not going to work this year. So... Glen and I dressed up as groovy hippies and the boys were the cutest skeletons you've ever seen!

IMG_1284


We had a great time at our family Halloween party with my mom's side of the family...
After eating dinner we played games

Donuts on a string



Halloween scramble

Fish Pond


and Pumpkin bowling
Everyone dressed up... just a few exceptional party poopers this year! I didn't get pictures of everyone but there were some spooky, creative and adorable costumes.
below are my mom and dad dressed as escaped convicts

and here are s few of the kids.
We've been having this party for several years now, always the same menu, same games and sometimes even the same costumes (usually swapped with someone else or made over to look a little different) We like it that way, it's been such a great tradition...
always fun to be with family!


3 comments:

Shirlene said...

I love your costumes!!! And that hair is just priceless!!

I Love Good Grub said...

I love love love that first picture of your boys!

Anonymous said...

Most handsome little skeletons ever! Seriously, your boys are THE CUTEST! I love mom and dad's costume this year - can't wait to borrow it!