Monday, December 7, 2009

milestones...


IMG_1604

Here's sweet Oliver... SITTING up all by himself.
He learned this trick the week before Thanksgiving
there goes my newborn... officially now. A few weeks ago I was rushing to get somewhere at the same time Ollie needed a bottle. I made the bottle and had to sit him in his bouncy chair to drink it all alone so that I could keep rushing. It broke my heart to leave him there taking care of himself, he didn't even need me. (sigh)
What else? ....You should see this boy scoot around in his walker. He can get wherever he wants to go. he opens the cupboards on the island in the kitchen, he can maneuver himself down the hallway and he especially loves my sofa table full of decorations to grab and eat. The other day I found him with fake Christmas berries in his mouth. Is he already big enough to do that? He has also hit the stage where toys no longer hold his interest, oh no, he would much rather have ribbon, paper, boxes, kitchen utensils, even G. I. joes and hot wheels cars... you know, big boy toys. When I hand him his old baby toys he looks at me and then at them and he starts to complain. He is getting good at letting us know EXACTLY what he wants. He has started eating biter biscuit crackers, and has tried fruit in his munchkin (mesh thing with a handle so they don't break off big pieces, I love it!) He is doing ok with those things but he does not like baby cereal or baby food of any kind. I have never had a baby like this, the others were all about food, wanted it so bad they'd shake... not Oliver, he gets the shivers whenever he tastes anything and pulls a terrible face like we've just fed him poison. If we do manage to get any into his mouth he purses his lips and blows it out... all over everything. So for now he pretty much just lives on bottles, five ounces evey three hours. Guess we'll just keep trying with food and hopefully he will decide it's not so bad someday... He has also started to become even more of a mama's boy and prefers me over anyone else, when others hold him he leans for me and fusses. Not sure that's such a great thing... but it does melt me a little. Oliver turned seven months old on the fourth of December. Seven months old already!
It's so fun to watch him change and grow... yes, we adore this sweet baby of ours!

3 comments:

Korine said...

He IS getting big! Wow, talk about milestones. It's crazy... their newborness doesn't last long at all does it? Emily, I have felt horrible about not sending a thank you for the bundle-me! It was so nice of you to do that! So sorry it's belated :(, but I so appreciate it and we are making good use out of it! YAY WARM BABIES! Fun to catch up with you! And if I can get it together.... i'll be sending a holiday card your way... hopefully sooner than later-YIKES!

Colette said...

I DON'T like that children have to grow up. I've been struggling lately with that, but then my oldest just turned 17. Haven't stopped by for a while, thanks for the cute posts. I've been such a slacker at blogging lately. Life is just TOO busy. Hope you have a happy holiday season.

Anonymous said...

Can you just stop him from growing?! He is the sweetest! He is getting too big though - he will practically be a toddler by the time I get to see him again - SAD!