Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Growing up...

Yesterday Ollie started clapping his hands together. Cutest thing you've ever seen... it's a bit awkward and wobbly still. He holds one hand out in front as still as can be and then he brings the other one shakily to it until they meet and make a little clap... He surprises himself with this new found skill and jumps a bit with the sound of each clap. He gets a twinkle in his eye and a look of determination as we cheer him on. Last week his first tiny tooth started poking up. I love those first teeth, so cute! Oliver would win the contest for best baby maneuvering in a walker. I promise he can do a three point turn about if he gets into a tight spot. He knows how to back up and which leg to push off of to change directions. He chases Gabe around and around the island in the kitchen... he seriously runs. This week Oliver got up on his hands and knees and was doing belly plops to scoot himself forward. When I saw him do that I quickly snatched him up and held him. I can't let him get too much practice... he'll be crawling in no time and then... he will be a big boy and I still want a baby. he loves kisses on his soft rolly neck and always tilts his chin up for more. I absolutely love this age... Oliver is curious and always thinking, trying to take it all in. His eyes are so expressive, his smile... melts me.
We really like him.

1 comment:

Shirlene said...

It's too bad they grow up so fast. Sometimes when you are in the middle of it all it doesn't seem like its too fast, then you look around and it really is!!