Evan was a little disappointed, and concluded that this was probably not the REAL Santa but simply one of his helpers who would later report to Santa and let him know what everyone was asking for. Last year we happened to be at the mall on the day that the real Santa was there... this year he must have been doing last minute Christmas preparation... or something?
and Gabe... I thought for sure he would chicken out. But no, he was so cute! While we were waiting for our turn he pushed his way to the front of the line to get a look at Santa. He came running back excitedly telling everyone that Santa had gloves and boots and a white beard. Then just before it was his turn he told Glen that he didn't want to talk to Santa anymore. I braced myself for disaster, Glen carried him then and as they got closer Gabe started laughing... hysterically, I thought for sure it would turn into crying but it didn't. He started waving frantically as he said "hi Santa" over and over and then he leaned right in and sat on his lap! Santa asked Gabe what he'd like for Christmas and Gabe told him that he wants a dog. A dog????
That's what he's been telling us for weeks now...
at first we tried to change his mind, telling him about all kinds of OTHER things that Santa could bring, but he will not budge... he wants a dog! "a dog that can walk in our house and eat our food"
Well we do not do dogs... so I hope Christmas morning is not disappointing... maybe Santa has something up his sleeve ...like a fake dog??? and that will have to do.






1 comment:
I like the idea of a "fake" dog. It is hard to do dogs. They are like another child! But, maybe someday??
Post a Comment