All five of them... they are gorgeous. beautiful eyes (it's a Huber thing) dark skin, flawless complexion... yeah I was totally intimidated when I first met them... how do you join a family filled with pretty girls?! I was hoping that looks were where the perfectness ended, but no, they are all beautiful on the inside too... sweet, talented, smart, you should hear them sing... watch them craft, raise families, and you can just see the love they have for each other and everyone around them ... seriously... these girls are amazing... the kind you wanna hate, (you know the kind?) but what's crazy is that -- these are girls you can't help but LOVE!! and you know what? I DO love them, I count them as sisters. I am so lucky that I married into such a great family. The longer I am married the more I realize the importance of family roots and how rare it is to have the kind of families that Glen and I both have.I am Thankful for our Families and who we are because of them.
We were so excited this year when we received a home made, scrapbooked, fancy pants invitation to a Thanksgiving celebration in Missoula, Montana (I told you they are perfect)... from two of Glen's sister's- Holly and Carrie (they live there just a block away from each other) We couldn't pass up this opportunity to be together so we made the treck to Montana... and we had such a great time. All of Glen's sisters were there with their families and his parents too but we missed both of his brothers who were unable to make it.
Our Thanksgiving Day
Kent (Holly's husband) carving the turkey
waiting for dinner
It was fun to have the missionaries there. They shared some family traditions with us and were good company for the older boys during dinner.
The girls... Charly, Layne, Avery, Maddie
Carrie and Holly made these "dinner conversation" jars for each table, it was so nice to visit and catch up with everyone and then to read and discuss, and laugh about some of the questions in the jars was fun too! After dinner they gave each family a jar to take home
(see... perfect, I am telling you)
(see... perfect, I am telling you)
The perfect ending to a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!
Other Highlights from the weekend...
*Melinda's pies, Debbie's rolls, Carrie and Holly's hospitality*We feasted.... the entire weekend
*We laughed and played games EVERY night together
*Glen and all the boys played a football turkey bowl
*I saw New Moon, finally
*black Friday shopping...Carrie army crawling along the floor at Walmart, working her way to the front of the line, sacrificing herself and coming out with her arms full of the coveted item, some for all of us! imagine sweet Carrie, seriously.... it was hilarious :)
*sleepovers with cousins, a never ending party
*shopping
*adults only date night, dinner out
Yes, it was a great weekend. Thank you to the Huber girls for making it all happen!
I really love the reminders this Holiday brings of our many blessings...
top on my list are
him...
I really love the reminders this Holiday brings of our many blessings...
top on my list are
him...
and him...
them...





6 comments:
Oh man, you have a gorgeous family. I can't believe you went to Montana! How awesome. I need to visit you and your sweet men. If I don't see you before, Merry Christmas!!!
So fun! I wish we could have been there. We really missed everyone.
em... i have to say.. you are pretty darn perfect/amazing yourself!! don't sell yourself short!
those boys are soooooo incredibly lucky to have you as a mom! :)
Emily, again your are awesome!! You express things so well -- what a talent you have. It was so fun to be altogether for Thanksgiving -- just missed Eric and John and their families!!
Oh Emily, how sweet you are!! I only learn how to do anything from you--seriously--I am always thinking of how Emily does things and wish I were more like you! I think you are one of the greatest people I know, and The Best Mom of 4 boys I've ever seen! I'm glad my brother married a woman as amazing as you!! Just wish I could see you more so you could rub off a little more on me! Love you!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and have fun in Cali!!!
Take Care!!!
You are too sweet! We love you too! We are sooooooo grateful that our brothers married such great ladies! Seriously - they did. Thanks again, for making the trek up here. It was totally wonderful! Merry Christmas!! (by the way - good job on keeping up the blog - I haven't even done halloween yet - way behind!!)
Post a Comment