Oh how I MISS my big boys since school has started and not just because they are thee best helpers and babysitters around... ok ok just so this isn't the kind of post that makes you want to roll your eyes I have to add that they do get on my nerves and fight a lot sometimes...and their room... it is messy! but back to missing them... I was saying that I miss them not only for their baysitting (but must admit that is HUGE part of it) I also miss eating lunch with them, I miss their sleepy faces and hanging out in pajamas until noon. I miss forts in the backyard, hearing them laugh and splash in the pool...days spent at the park...I miss Eli always catching bugs and creatures and trying to scare me with them. I miss Evan always with a plan- making lemonade, setting up paint projects, and leading the fun!
I miss it...
I miss them so why does it feel so nice when summer comes to an end and we are finally back to a schedule? it's a strange thing to love both things so much... freedom and a schedule... which is better?
I love the start of school...waking up with purpose, eating breakfast around the table as we read scriptures, family prayer and then kisses and hugs and off to school... It is a whirlwind day at home with the two littles and that is usually what the house looks like by mid morning- like it's been in the path of a whirlwind! (ok, really it looks like that all the time lately!) I am trying to figure out how to juggle when to work and when to play and when to run errands and when to get things done. It doesn't sound as hard- as it is, I promise! These littles of mine want to play and mess and although I love play, I do not like mess- and I have to get things done!! Ah the life of a mom is full of trying to figure it out... I'm thinking that by the time I figure it out- they will be all grown up and by then it won't matter anymore.
a little after 3 o' clock I sit on the front porch with Gabe and Ollie...waiting to greet our long lost boys... I love that first glimpse we get of them after a long day. Oliver gets so excited and they all exchange hugs, knuckles, head bonks (boy stuff) From there it is wash hands, eat a snack while we talk about the day. I started a new thing this school year where I've challenged the boys to look for ways and go out of their way to do something for someone else and then after school we talk about it. It has been really fun and they get so proud as they tell their stories. I have noticed a big difference in them. After talking about the day it's on to homework, piano practice, chores and then soccer-games or practice then throw scouts in the mix and every night- the schedule is busy!
I can't choose one over the other.
As for now a schedule is nice and at the same time I sure miss freedom, lazy days... and these boys of mine!
5 comments:
You have the cutest boys and I think you are the cutest mom! We missed you tonight at volleyball! I heard you were coming and I was excited to see you! Maybe next week! We should get out little people together sometime somewhere other than crazy mcdonald's!
emily!! seriously... i hope that i continue to learn from you how to be a good mom to abbi!
you totally inspire me! i am so grateful for your example in my life!!
you are an amazing mom! and your boys are soooo very lucky!
love you...
Emily.... always putting the rest of us to shame. Just teasing - I should say always inspiring the rest of us to be better mommas. There aren't any boys in the world as sweet as those Huber boys (I've seen them at their worst too!) or as handsome! Keep the posts coming I love them!
Great post!! I love reading about all the things you do and the great memories you are making!
It is so fun to see the pictures of your cute kids!!
Post a Comment