Evan and his friend Matt decided to enter the Science Fair at school last year (in March). When I was growing up we HAD to do a science project for school, there was no option not to participate. As I kid I didn't like that and neither did my parents. I remember always putting it off until the night before and then scrambling with my dad to try to make something that worked. I'm pretty sure I like science... sort of ! But I always wish that I liked it more, you know?... a wanna be science and math wizz I guess! (who isn't?) It is something that just does not come naturally to me... ok even with a lot of work on my part it doesn't ever really come. :) anyway I was so happy when Evan and his friend took on this optional project with no encouragement and not much help either. They made a rocket out of a plastic 2 liter bottle. Thier project was about rocket power and there's all this science mumbo jumbo that Evan told me about-- how it works and something about velocity and pressure . He used some pretty big words but as you can see ... it went in one ear and out the other ... just like back when I was in school... hmmmm. They had to present and explain their project to judges who came from Utah State University Science department. They also had to write up an explanation and make a display for the school to see. they really did a lot of work that I knew nothing about. I was so proud of Evan! They did lots of work and also did a great job with their presentation.
Evan and Matt got a blue ribbon! First place!
I'm currently trying to invent a serum that will clone Evan's drive, determination and responsibility tendencies and give it to my 3 other boys, just in case they need it! (on second thought I think I'll hire it out)
Man, I love this boy!
My very own 'Walter the Wolf ' ( it's a children's book... my siblings will get the comparison!)
25% Off. Don’t Pay Full Price.
1 week ago





1 comment:
Great job Evan!!!
Post a Comment