Monday, September 6, 2010

Spring Break

My birthday usually falls on or around Easter, General conference weekend or Spring break.  I like my spring birthday I just wish it didn't mean that with each passing year (minute, really) I am getting OLD.  Just thinking about how close I am to 35-- (two years to go) makes me feel like I need to breath into a paper bag!  

This year my birthday was during Spring Break and so we decided to celebrate both occasions with a little trip to Salt Lake.  My friends from Lehi planned a girls night out for dinner at Cafe Rio for me the first night we were there.  We checked into our hotel and then I dropped Glen and the boys off at his parents home and I left to meet my friends... I miss these girls SO much! (not all of them were able to come... there are several missing from the picture that I love too!) I only lived in Lehi for one year but I think about my friends there all the time.  They are the kind of friends who get in your heart and never leave!  We had a great time catching up, had lots of girl talk, lots of laughs...it was hard when it was time to wrap it up and say goodbye.  Thanks to Emily  (pictured far right) for planning and arranging and thanks to everyone for making me feel so special!

Sunny Jo, (cute Ethan on her hip)  Tricia, me and Em
The next day was my birthday...Glen and the boys surprised me with cake for breakfast! YUM!   We walked around the beautiful grounds at temple square.  the spring flowers were beautiful!  We ate lunch at Five Guys burgers and fries in Bountiful... BEST burgers around and the fries are tasty too...washed it down with a diet coke- ate candy and treats all day...on birthdays calories don't count, right? ...it was heaven!  Then we went to the Davis County Rec center and had a blast at their indoor water park!














We had such a great time! It was wonderful to get away for a few days...
even if just a few hours away from home! 




2 comments:

Shirlene said...

Looks so fun!

Becca and Kent said...

We LOVE Five Guys! In fact, maybe that's what we'll be doing this weekend... :D

I'm glad you had fun!