Thursday, September 23, 2010

Preschool


Gabe started preschool a couple of weeks ago.  He couldn't wait to wear his new backpack!  


He was excited for the first day of preschool until the big day arrived and then he was a little reluctant to go.  He is tender and shy- new things make him nervous.  He likes me... a lot! That is one reason why we thought preschool would be good for him... His teacher lives just down the street (actually used to be his nursery leader at church- She goes by teacher Natalie but Gabe calls her Sister Natalie -Don't tell the ACLU) and there are only 6 other kids in his class- four of them are his friends from our neighborhood.  I knew this would be the perfect fit for him- not everything new!  I left him there that first day (look at that face of his... it was the hardest thing to leave him!)  and I questioned myself wondering if he was ready.  Just two hours later, when I went to pick him up, that question was answered when he waved at me with a grin from ear to ear on his little face and then excitedly told me about all the fun he had!  I thought he might continue to be hesitant to go the next few times after that first day, but to my surprise (and relief) he loves it! 

Thanks to the leap frog letter's DVD he knows all of his letters of the alphabet and what sound they make too! (if you don't have this DVD you have to get it...I like to pretend that I sit and teach him all those things, so this is our little secret ok ... that I pop in a movie and he is now brilliant!  I am pathetic....I know! ... but seriously it works, go buy it!  

I won't bore you with the usual speech that follows these milestone posts, you know the one ... I cannot believe how fast time flies and that another one of my babies is off to school (well, preschool anyway)
except I just did!  oops!

I will however, tell you for the millionth time that I am in love with my little Gabe.
he pretty much, makes me melt!

4 comments:

Murray Ohana said...

your Gabe is one adorable little boy...as are all your boys!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that little Gabriel. What a boy. I'm sure his preschool teacher is head over heels for him - she better be anyway! He looks all grown up wearing that cute froggy backpack. He is in for all sorts of adventures this year. I just wish he and rubes could venture off to preschool together......someday.... maybe Frannie and Ollie? i miss you like crazy. give him kiss for me.

Toni said...

Gasp! Oh my Em! Seriously, can you say beat of the women with a stick right now! That is an amazing picture. Your boys are too much. We soooo need to get together soon.

Shirlene said...

I love the backpack! and the cute little boy wearing it!! He is darling! I'm glad he is loving preschool.