I like football. We catch several NFL games throughout the season but I never really know the rankings of teams or players. I am not that into it, even with all these boys around!! But I do LOVE Super bowl parties... because, well they are just another reason to plan a party! When I hear which teams are playing in the super bowl each year I try to pick one to cheer for.
here is my criteria...1. Best team colors
2. Team state closest to Utah
3. Cutest quarterback and/or receivers
4. Most creative mascot or logo
5. Players with a good story... charity work, upbringing, beating the odds etc...
6. The underdog
7. The opposite of Evan's #1 pick... it drives him crazy:)
Whichever team meets the majority of my criteria is the team who gets my rah- rah!! (lucky them!) This year it was the Cardinals!!
(although if cutest coach would have been part of my criteria I might have gone for the Steelers...but anyway...)
We invited (the usual) my mom and dad and my brothers family over for the big night! When everyone arrived we had them vote for teams and final score. Of course, there were prizes waiting for the winners... my dad was sure he would win and hoped it would be a big screen TV! I had my personal assistant
(who just happens to also be my husband) design these vote ballads.
(although if cutest coach would have been part of my criteria I might have gone for the Steelers...but anyway...)
We invited (the usual) my mom and dad and my brothers family over for the big night! When everyone arrived we had them vote for teams and final score. Of course, there were prizes waiting for the winners... my dad was sure he would win and hoped it would be a big screen TV! I had my personal assistant
(who just happens to also be my husband) design these vote ballads.
and now back to FOOTBALL... We fast forwarded through all the commercials. I know, they are one of the best things about the super bowl... but not too family friendly and the game didn't last FOUR hours like it usually does.... it was perfect! Super bowl 43 was one of the best games... so close and exciting! I thought my team had it but then the Steelers...stole it, (no pun intended) and won!! WHATEVER!...in the end it turned out to be a great PARTY and that's all that matters anyway, right?My brother Steve ended up winning the...
drum roll please... SKOR CANDY BAR (get it, skor... like score?! hee hee)
(sorry no big screen TV) but refused to take the title of winner or the candy bar... he passed it on to the second place voter, which was Evan, who shared it with Mathew who was our third place voter... Next...Everyone who guessed the winning team won a candy prize, but by that point no one wanted to even THINK about another piece of food, even candy or chocolate for that matter... and so...that wraps up our Super Bowl XLIII P-A-R-T-Y!





5 comments:
you are THE BEST MOM/WIFE/DAUGHTER/SISTER... EVER!!!
will you adopt me?
I want to come party at your house! You guys seriously can throw a bash!
I have always had zero interest in the superbowl, it is sooooooo boring! (Sorry Evan!) But with a party like yours I may change my ways!!
That was such a GREAT game! Jon and I were cheering for the underdog's, but then had to change right at the end (and route for EXACTLY what happened) to win the $130 square dance game Jon put in for... AND HE WON! It was so crazy, Jon said to me, "ok now Jynj, this is what has to happen, the Steelers need to make a touch down and then make one point and I'll win the 130 dollars". I HATED to have to start cheering the dang Steelers on, BUT when there's MONEY involved, what do ya do!:)
SO much fun!!! See this is why we NEED to have a boy...!!!
Post a Comment