There are a bunch of new posts below but I am still behind and needing to catch up on MORE!! I can't believe that I am 29 weeks and only have 11 more to go!
Which could really be only like 9 if I'm early, right :) why is that what pregnant girls do?... we all want our babies a little early... those last few weeks can be torture... I guess that's why! I can't figure out why doctors don't just tell women that their due date is really two weeks later than it is and save us some stress? And another question.... why don't they adjust their scales like 5 pounds lighter? They wouldn't have to say anything, they'd know what we really weigh and they'd still be aware if there was a problem in weight gain it could be their little secret and imagine how happy women would be? Maybe I should think about becoming a consultant for ob/gyn's I can think of a little advice for them!
Although I might complain a bit more lately and am a tad more sarcastic and cranky I really am so grateful for this baby boy and I am getting really excited to finally meet him! I LOVE my new doctor and am so happy that I made a change early on... he is amazing and just what I need from a doctor... I like someone who is competent and smart, has time, is easy to talk to, remembers who I am and some details about my life, is a friend who is calm and concerned and genuinely cares... I know that seems like a long list but being a pregnant girl means high maintenance and don't they tell them that in med school? the poor guys! Anyway he's got all that and more and my pregnancy is going well. last appointment I drank the delicious orange glucose beverage and passed. I have contractions when I do much of anything, my sciatic nerve shocks me unexpectedly and I'm sure onlookers think I'm crazy (or they've just been pregnant before) my heart burn continues to be horrendous.... and that's not even half of it but I think I better stop there.... just a regular old pregnancy I guess but I can definitely tell I'm older and fatter and it's my fourth... How do people do this 8 times? I will never know :) I do however feel very grateful to be part of such an amazing miracle... and I know that this is the most important role I will ever have. I am humbled and overwhelmed everyday by the responsibility we have as women and mothers and I am grateful for the trust I have been given.
We had a great time with family in town last week and did lots of fun things! Glen's parent's came up to Logan and took us to dinner Monday and it was so nice to see and catch up with them. Overall, life is good! there's my up to date update for now ...Stay tuned for more.
We had a great time with family in town last week and did lots of fun things! Glen's parent's came up to Logan and took us to dinner Monday and it was so nice to see and catch up with them. Overall, life is good! there's my up to date update for now ...Stay tuned for more.





3 comments:
Great to catch up! I am so feeling for you with the whole pregnancy thing--just hasn't been long enough for me to forget! :) So is there a party at your house all the time? I would so be your friend if I lived close! Such fun things you do with your cute little family and great decorations!
Your weight scale comment reminded me of the time I was 7 months pregnant and the girl weighed me and said, "Man, this scale hasn't been nice to anyone today." I was so shocked that I had no response. (I have lots of responses now.:)) I never saw her again, maybe she got fired for insensitivity! Those last 11 (maybe 9) weeks are going to fly. We can't wait to meet him either! Have you guys chosen a name?
Emily, we love reading your blogs! You are a great writer. We think you need to write a book, or write for a magazine!! You are so good! What talent you have.
Post a Comment