Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wish it were mine...

Evan came home the other day with this....
As soon as I saw it all these warm childhood memories came rushing back... I USED to have a six color pen and it was so cool!!!... I L-O-V-E-D it!! Evan picked it from his class "treasure box"... a special privilege that he gets nearly everyday... the kid is practically perfect in every way...seriously! I snatched it right out of his hand and quickly instructed him to" go get me some paper" He was pretty surprised as he watched me write my name in each different color- cursive first and straight letters next... then I did a different color dot on the ends of the letters... I moved on to hearts and clouds, circles and then... a perfect rainbow!! he and Eli both wanted turns but I couldn't part with the pen!! I reminded Evan that at school students are required to use a #2 pencil... I wondered aloud why he would ever need a 6 color pen??? He started to see where this was leading and being the kind soul that he is... he said he'd leave it home for everyone to use but technically it belongs to him! hmmmm? ok... I decided, but I sure wish it were mine!

you should see my shopping lists now... so pretty!

Everyone needs a six color pen...

You know, Valentine's Day is coming up and I think a six color pen totally screams I LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

Shirlene said...

It would be fun to see your shopping lists. With all your creativity, I bet they are beautiful. I hope you get your own 6-color pen.

Brian Owens said...

Six colored pens are every little girls dream pen and I would venture there is a little girl still in each of us big girls. What a good boy Evan is to share with his mom!

Barbi Mecham said...

You are a hoot and I love ya!

Colette said...

I remember those pens and I loved them! How fun!! I hope that you get your Valentine's Day wish.

Curtis Moser said...

I used to have a colorful pen! Now I only have colorful language. I still shamelessly blog-stalk your blog, bytheway. I just wanted you to know. :)

Amelia said...

Love it Em I want a 6 color pen too. Maybe we can get one for volenteering.